What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Minnesota fishing trip recommendations
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="YCbtx" data-source="post: 404570" data-attributes="member: 8146"><p>I am familiar with the Ottertail area, as my family has had a cabin on Big Pine (Perham area) for several years. I don't make it that way very often anymore but have had some fun trips out that way. You have a lot of options in that area...West Battle Lake & Big Detroit for muskies...like stated...just about every lake has largemouth. The walleye fishing does not hold a candle to SAK/OAHE/Devils Lake though, so wouldn't plan around that being the primary target. Can also get some good panfishing in...lots of the lakes have giant gills and nice crappies as well. I've enjoyed trips out that way but if you are looking for a TRIP type experience, I think I would look to the north (LOTW) or west to Fort Peck....</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="YCbtx, post: 404570, member: 8146"] I am familiar with the Ottertail area, as my family has had a cabin on Big Pine (Perham area) for several years. I don't make it that way very often anymore but have had some fun trips out that way. You have a lot of options in that area...West Battle Lake & Big Detroit for muskies...like stated...just about every lake has largemouth. The walleye fishing does not hold a candle to SAK/OAHE/Devils Lake though, so wouldn't plan around that being the primary target. Can also get some good panfishing in...lots of the lakes have giant gills and nice crappies as well. I've enjoyed trips out that way but if you are looking for a TRIP type experience, I think I would look to the north (LOTW) or west to Fort Peck.... [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
23 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Minnesota fishing trip recommendations
Top
Bottom