Moisture in permanent

Miller Time

I recently bought a 2019 permanent. I seem to be having a lot of issues with moisture collecting on the walls and windows of the house. It has a ceiling vent with a fan as well that drips into the house due to the frost that accumulated on it. I try to have fans moving as much air as possible but I am wondering if anyone else has found anything that works better or if I should look at bringing it back to the dealership for the ceiling vent issue as it drips constantly and makes a big puddle on the floor. Thanks!

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is your heater vented or not. You should'nt get a lot of moisture with a vented furnace.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Something is pluged up if your getting that much moisture.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take it back and get a new one. Moisture is the devil incarnate for fish houses and whatever is wrong has probably already done some damage to the structure/insulation/whole damn thing. Good Luck!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is your heater vented or not. You should'nt get a lot of moisture with a vented furnace.
Yeah what are you using to heat it? A vented forced air furnace or even a vented propane wall heater should not create moisture in the house. Sounds like you're using some type of vent free unit which will definitely create moisture.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he's using his cook top to heat or bring the temp up in this cold weather he will get lots of moisture even running fans.

But he hasn't said anything sense he started this post.

Miller Time

I was using the vented forced air furnace. I had a small electric heater going as well just to help out but I didn’t think I would have that much moisture since majority of the heat was vented.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was using the vented forced air furnace. I had a small electric heater going as well just to help out but I didn’t think I would have that much moisture since majority of the heat was vented.
electric heat doesn't add moisture. if the forced air heater is properly sized and the shack is properly insulated you should never need additional heat source. Post pics

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector that works!!!!!!!!!!!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vented furnace or not, won't you get some moisture build up after drilling holes until things dry up?

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was the vent for your furnace facing into the wind. A lot of times when its facing into the wind the vent will ice up and not allow the exhaust to come out, creating moisture in the house.

Miller Time

It’s a 2019 Forrest river ice cave. The heater vent was facing into the wind but it didn’t freeze up at all. The house is in getting looked at now while it’s still under warranty.

Glacier ice

I have had six ice castles and glacier ice houses and there could be several reasons. Carpet or rubber floor? If you have rubber floor as I do now if I don't wipe up excess slush/water off floor when done drilling holes and taking slush out I get LOTS of moisture in house from forced air furnace running. Doing any cooking? Running cooktop without running exhaust fan, even for ten minutes, will create hours of moisture in my houses. By yourself or several buddies? Four buddies in fishhouse drinking and laughing makes a little difference also. This one is true but I'm sure will really start a debate: batting or spray foam insulation? Hear of lots of complaints of moisture with spray foam; seals up to tight and house can't breathe. One solution that always solves the problem is to crack a window a bit. Always helps my moisture issues no matter what.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33