Moose Poaching

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will likely never get to hunt moose, elk or sheep in ND ever either, just because.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s officially cheaper to poach 5 moose here than it is to travel to a destination and bag one. Don’t even need to worry about a lottery.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s officially cheaper to poach 5 moose here than it is to travel to a destination and bag one. Don’t even need to worry about a lottery.

Probably costs even less had they not be charged/convicted of wanton waste.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is moose fetus some delicacy I've not heard of before?

I have been on a couple of Cow Moose kills, and when gutting them out would take the fetus out. I would take them to the school as the Biology teacher would take them, preserve them in jars. Its amazing looking at them. They would be fully developed but only a foot tall.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been on a couple of Cow Moose kills, and when gutting them out would take the fetus out. I would take them to the school as the Biology teacher would take them, preserve them in jars. Its amazing looking at them. They would be fully developed but only a foot tall.

I participated in the TRNP elk culling effort. We kept all of the fetal elk calves for study, no idea where they went or what they actually studied.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I participated in the TRNP elk culling effort. We kept all of the fetal elk calves for study, no idea where they went or what they actually studied.

I also participated in that hunt. I don't recall taking the fetus' out or collecting them. Sounds cool though. The one vivid memory I do have is our "guide" shooting the elk out of his pick up window. It took me everything to not lose it on him!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84