More U.S. system failures

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't even get me started.....

You wonder why some of these kids turn out the way they do.

Then you meet their parents and the mystery is over.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My brother only made it teaching in the public school system for 1.5 years until he couldn't do it anymore. He taught inner city high school kids in Milwaukee. He came from a very disciplined home and a no BS small town ND school. He basically was told he couldn't discipline kids. Everyone was afraid of getting called a racist. So he would have 5-10 kids in a class ruined the whole hour and then have to watch the kids that really wanted to learn struggle because of it and even kinda get made fun of because they were trying to learn. It crushed him and he eventually called it quits.

He went to a software company to teach adults and makes about 3-4x what the public school system gave him.

I grew up in small town ND so never considered private school. But unless I move back to ND, I will likely be sending my kids to private school or do charter/home school.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just when you think it can't get any worse, another stupid thing pops up and gets rammed down our throats.
I have said for many years there wouldn't be another revolution in our Country, I am not so sure anymore. How much can our society take from these Left Wing nuts???? :;:huh

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just when you think it can't get any worse, another stupid thing pops up and gets rammed down our throats.
I have said for many years there wouldn't be another revolution in our Country, I am not so sure anymore. How much can our society take from these Left Wing nuts???? :;:huh

Just when you think it cant get much worse, just look at what our neighbors are attempting to do to their education systems.

https://www.ola.org/en/legislative-business/bills/parliament-42/session-2/bill-67

Heres just one part of a sweeping reform of their educational system.

"The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act is amended to add a new section 17.1 which sets out anti-racism and racial equity requirements that apply to every college of applied arts and technology and every university that receives ongoing operating funds from the government for the purposes of post-secondary education."

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was a school principal for many years. Never ceases to amaze me how some principals make decisions that any common sense would suggest they are going to make the news and look really dumb. Then again I worked in a school in rural ND where common sense was pretty prevalent. One that was not uncommon was sending a student home because they came to school with green hair.WTH, if that's your biggest problem of the day you need more to do.
Occasionally had a student wear a shirt that wasn't the best choice for a school setting. They knew when they wore it that it probably wasn't the best. Biggest problem with clothing was a young lady wearing a pretty seductive or low cut top. How does a middle age man tell a young lady her boobs are showing too much without sounding like a dirty old man?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed with you guyz,growing up in a good family environment,both mother/father,discipline taught at home starting at a young age,smart mouth got you a whack across the choppers,"won't do that again" came to mind,mouth off to a teacher was a trip to the principal or worse yet the gym teacher with a big ass paddle with holes drilled in for speed,today with kids having children parenting is not what it use to be...sad times.I suspect most schooling issues are city kids.no father figure is huge.In my day a student attacking a teacher was unherd of.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Retired:

A few years back the wife and i would go to ball games. Some of the outfits some high school girls would wear, well holy balls they sure weren't around when i was in school. Not sure if i could of took it back then. No way to make a comment to anyone for fear of what people thought of me for looking.

Had a neighbor my wife made a comment to her about the outfits and then notice her daughter would dress the same way. And she got pregnant her junior year. And it was a big deal to bring the baby to school to show off. In the end they kept the baby and all appear to turn out well. Can not imagine having to raise a grandkid while my daughter goes on as it is all fine. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88