most comfy steel toe boot

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
NOTHING steel toe is comfy at 40 degrees and below. Composite toe on the other hand might attain a measure of comfy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have steel toe Sorels (I think they're Sorels anway) that are just as warm/comfy as standard pack boots (minus the additional weight of course).

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Irish Setter steel toe pull ons. I find them comfortable for standing on concrete all day. water proof and fairly warm. A GOOD set of insoles are your best friend with work boots

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't wear steel toes myself but see a lot of people who do. Keen seems to be quite popular these days.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be blessed with Lava Toes you lucky duck. I was issued steel toe Belleville boots and I found them to be cold and clammy. Even when I wore wool socks. I was issued Composite toe Belleville boots as a substitute and they are head and shoulders more "comfy" than the steel toes.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
2Nd the irish setter Marshall pull ons. Had ariat pull on before and the irish setters are more comfortable to me

Founding Member
Founding Member
These composite toe Rocky Trailblades have been really comfy for me and have held up allot better than I thought they would.
Lightweight and very breathable yet waterproof. Bought a pair of heavy redwings at about the same time and I never wear them.

Rocky trailblade.jpg

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the ariat square toe pull ons and they were probably the best I had as far as comfort, I bought them 4 years back and wore them 2 years the leather on the toe wore out but the rest of the boot held up good. After that I bought the double h black ice and they were decent not as comfy as the ariats but a nice boot. In November I bought a pair of twisted X with the extra wide toe, and they have been really good probably second place behind the ariats. I have worn rockies before and thought they were garbage, compared to the ariats. Also I had dr. maartens and they were a decent boot but the leather wore out fast and they were really heavy, I know a few guys that run the lace up redwings and like them, but I have always worn the cowboy boot style.

sd fisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been wearing Redwings for years. Very comfortable, long lasting and water proofing seems to last pretty well. Only drawback is that they are heavy. I tried one of Rockies brands a few years ago, they started breaking down within a couple of months.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would go with a composite toe if u work outside in the winter. I'm not much help besides that I wear shoes most of the time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28