Mountain Lion tracks?

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For sure a cat, canines would have left claw marks in mud like that, and canine tracks are not as circular shaped as a cats. Plus when a cat walks it almost puts its hind paw in the same track as the front paw. I'm not a cat expert, but I thought bobcats had a pretty decent sized paw? With the small hands comment and all...

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Filmó abviousy has great experience dealing with pussies!

- - - Updated - - -

Giant back pad with double lobe that's a lion.

ive seen a lot of lion tracks mainly in wet snow, though not for 40 years, but you never see claw marks on any feline, and the back pad on this track i think is trilobar Dean. Better seen in the picture below than the mud track picture because of the grass stalk on it. I’d vote for lion, 99.879%.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Filmó abviousy has great experience dealing with pussies!

- - - Updated - - -

ive seen a lot of lion tracks mainly in wet snow, though not for 40 years, but you never see claw marks on any feline, and the back pad on this track i think is trilobar Dean. Better seen in the picture below than the mud track picture because of the grass stalk on it. I’d vote for lion, 99.879%.
Wasn't referring to the triple on the back but instead the double on the front. Dog Tracks generally have two on the back but it's a little more difficult to tell out apart from the three on a cat versus the single on a dog in the front versus a double on the cat.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't really notice how well-defined the upper tract was in the second picture but as soon as I noticed that the triple lobe is instantly obvious and a dead giveaway to a cat! Furthermore with the very clearly offset pinky toe that is also a dead giveaway that it's a cat so if it was a dog's track it would be far more symmetrical and oval shape instead of round like a mountain lion that is 100% of mountain lion track unless we have the world record bobcat out there.

20180901_073517.jpg

ptrack.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 198
  • This month: 168
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 75