MREs for hunting blind?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a variety of “just add boiling water” sides etc. at Walmart

hope to conjure up some DIY lunch sized meals I like for $2 or so

like $1 mac/cheese combined with $1 foil tuna pack, (I love tuna casseroles)
$1 cheesy mashed potatoes with $1 chicken foil pack, etc.

lunch at home will be an adventure in coming days

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did any of you that served in the military have to eat the Veggie Omelette MRE? I hear it was one of the worst and most hated rations made. I've only seen people eat it on Youtube but I'd like to try one bite just to see how crappy it really is.

Also for those that served in Vietnam and the era of C rations, was Ham and Motherfuckers really as bad as everyone says it was? That is another one I wish I could try just for the hell of it.

The way MRE's were distributed in Afghanistan went as follows when we had to eat MRE's: The first shirt would open enough boxes of MRE's to feed everyone and then start grabbing and throwing them behind his head. Whatever you caught was what you ate. The only rule we had was that NO MAN had to deal with the omelet two days in a row. You'd kill the guy. So, the poor schlub that had the omelet yesterday was the first one to grab an MRE to make sure it WASN'T the omelet the next day. That MRE was truly NOT FIT for man nor beast.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, but because of my incredible hunting skills I never know when I'll have to go "super ninja" on some poor B&C deer's a$$.

And you can't imagine the calories necessary. (think lion, tiger, or other apex predator's metabolism)

To do so on an empty stomach is super dangerous! Digested my own stomach once - never again.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can last at least a week on Copenhagen and caffeine alone.....it's a well known fact.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, but because of my incredible hunting skills I never know when I'll have to go "super ninja" on some poor B&C deer's a$$.

And you can't imagine the calories necessary. (think lion, tiger, or other apex predator's metabolism)

To do so on an empty stomach is super dangerous! Digested my own stomach once - never again.

Went up to skunk bay several years back to do a day of ice drinking. Told the buddies coming with they didn't need to pack any food as I would buy us lunch and a couple drinks at the rooster bar right in the Marina area. Well we get 60 miles from any other options, and the sign on the door says, "closed for 2 weeks".

Just about died that day going for those 12 hours without anything but seeds, and some beers.
Those buddies weren't too impressed with me, or my lack of a back up plan.

In fact one of them has never ice fished with me again...haha pussy.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79