My DIY tackle projects

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been thinking about ordering some popper and top water blanks. I don't fish for pile or bass much so I've been reluctant to pull the trigger.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
Came up with a new one tonight.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Um...the blank above was the last package Dakota tackle had and it was $6 and change. Dinger baits has one similar to a SR7 that is $1.50 each. I think. They only have 3$ shipping too. I just ordered 15 from them. I'm still waiting to find a stick bait worth of painting.

- - - Updated - - -

As to answer your question, from lure parts online I get them from a dollar a piece up to 1.50 a piece.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those look awesome. I would never have the patience to paint that fine of detail.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they're awesome. I spent the winter scouring ebay buying all the spinner blades I could for 4-6 cents a piece. bought one 500 pack for 4 cents a piece lol. I'm set forever. Also scored a pile of sweet octopus hooks and beads and such. Then I put together a fluid bed and bought a bunch of different colored powder paint. But I want to get an airbrush also. what airbrush did you use?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started off with some cheap pos that eventually just quit spraying. I then bought a badger patriot 105. It says fine detail but it's not. So, I ordered the super fine detail kit which is basically a new needle and nozzle. I know of many painters that use an iwata eclipse cs. Whatever you do, get a gravity feed. For small detail, you need to drop pressure. Gravity feeds can go as low as 8 psi. Compressors don't matter. I'm still using the little kit one that has to run all the time. When it dies, I'll get a little pancake compressor. Biggest thing there is a moisture trap.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a big :;:thumbsup Nice work man! I've tried painting spoons and I'm just not that talented with the brush.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
BlueChrome.jpg
Blue Chrome

HotSteel.jpg
Hot Steel

WeekendWife.jpg
Weekend Wife (wags named it)

Wags dropped off some deep runners for some new paint jobs. Once the clear coat goes on, the colors really pop so I'll update these in a couple days.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love those lipless cranks. Such a versatile bait.

- - - Updated - - -

Those bombers turned out great, my buddy will be using them in Canada in a few weeks so ill be sure to get pics for you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 194
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88