What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
natural defense
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="KDM" data-source="post: 347631" data-attributes="member: 314"><p>IME, the chemical deterrent products are of limited effectiveness. Sunlight and rain/dew degrade them quite well. I don't really know if they would work very well on an elk. Most of these products are designed for deer. Sorry, but I think it might mess your deer up more than the elk. Have you filed a formal complaint with the governors office through the Attorney General? I think with your history you have more than enough grounds (and evidence) to seek wildlife depredation as well. Document all the damage, determine replacement costs, and submit a depredation claim. You have a right to protect your property from wildlife damage and if the gnf refuses to assist or to compensate you for the damage, then protect your property by whatever means necessary. If it were my issue, I'd write a letter to the gnf, the governor, both ND senators, the ND representative, my state senators and representatives, the attorney general, the RMEF, and whomever else I could come up with. I would include documentation of how the gnf refuses to assist with names, dates, times, copies of emails and every other correspondence I had with them. I'd be very clear that I have a right to protect my property and will do so with a rifle if necessary. I'd be very clear to state that any elk taken is not for personal use and IS NOT in violation of any game laws, it's for property protection which is my right. I would also state very clearly that after each elk that is taken, I will call the gnf, and have them come and get the carcass to do with as they see fit. The same way wolves, mtn lions, and other wildlife taken in the protection of property are processed. Ranchers can shoot anything that is harassing or damaging their livestock regardless of seasons or game laws. If a hawk, eagle, otter, wolf, or any other wild predator goes after my chickens, I have a right to protect my livestock and take it down regardless of seasons or game laws. Farmers can claim wildlife damages to crops and hay stacks and do so all the time. The gnf has even put up fences to keep wildlife out. Homeowners and landowners can claim damages from beaver dams causing flooding. The precedent for property protection and/or compensation from wildlife damage is WELL DOCUMENTED. Of course you will have to decide if the fight is worth it. Depredation payment or property protection. Make them choose. Good Luck!!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="KDM, post: 347631, member: 314"] IME, the chemical deterrent products are of limited effectiveness. Sunlight and rain/dew degrade them quite well. I don't really know if they would work very well on an elk. Most of these products are designed for deer. Sorry, but I think it might mess your deer up more than the elk. Have you filed a formal complaint with the governors office through the Attorney General? I think with your history you have more than enough grounds (and evidence) to seek wildlife depredation as well. Document all the damage, determine replacement costs, and submit a depredation claim. You have a right to protect your property from wildlife damage and if the gnf refuses to assist or to compensate you for the damage, then protect your property by whatever means necessary. If it were my issue, I'd write a letter to the gnf, the governor, both ND senators, the ND representative, my state senators and representatives, the attorney general, the RMEF, and whomever else I could come up with. I would include documentation of how the gnf refuses to assist with names, dates, times, copies of emails and every other correspondence I had with them. I'd be very clear that I have a right to protect my property and will do so with a rifle if necessary. I'd be very clear to state that any elk taken is not for personal use and IS NOT in violation of any game laws, it's for property protection which is my right. I would also state very clearly that after each elk that is taken, I will call the gnf, and have them come and get the carcass to do with as they see fit. The same way wolves, mtn lions, and other wildlife taken in the protection of property are processed. Ranchers can shoot anything that is harassing or damaging their livestock regardless of seasons or game laws. If a hawk, eagle, otter, wolf, or any other wild predator goes after my chickens, I have a right to protect my livestock and take it down regardless of seasons or game laws. Farmers can claim wildlife damages to crops and hay stacks and do so all the time. The gnf has even put up fences to keep wildlife out. Homeowners and landowners can claim damages from beaver dams causing flooding. The precedent for property protection and/or compensation from wildlife damage is WELL DOCUMENTED. Of course you will have to decide if the fight is worth it. Depredation payment or property protection. Make them choose. Good Luck!! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
natural defense
Top
Bottom