ND Deer Lottery

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why gloat dean?
Why pout .....do you need a hug!;:;boohoo

- - - Updated - - -

No Muzzy 9 years straight. Hunting WT Buck SW ND

Looks to me you were lamenting not drawing two tags!

So I guess I should have said woe is me I drew a buck tag but not the one I wanted! There is that more in tune with your sensibilities! Sorry if I'm a little happy about getting a buck tag and a preference point in this crapy deer draw year!

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why pout .....do you need a hug!;:;boohoo

- - - Updated - - -

Looks to me you were lamenting not drawing two tags!

So I guess I should have said woe is me I drew a buck tag but not the one I wanted! There is that more in tune with your sensibilities! Sorry if I'm a little happy about getting a buck tag and a preference point in this crapy deer draw year!

Hey dipstick I am not pissed at all I got a tag I am saying why gloat when others didn't? Are you a friggin toddler?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Says the person who can do no better then juvenile name calling! sorry if I don't rate you too high on my give a crap list!

jokostel

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm the lucky one out of my family.
My brother got the SHAFT, sans lube, and my father got a crap tag in 4E, and no muzzloader tag.
I have the pressure from both of them now to make this count. 6.5x284 Norma or my 280 Ackley is the million dollar question.... both are M48 Patriots with Vortex optics....
the Ackley is pushing 140 CTs at 3250, and the Norma is pushing 140 Match Burners at 2880....

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean your pretty special.when guys are pissed about not getting a tag why gloat? Simple question...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry didn't know this thread was only for those who didn't get drawn. Don't you have a lion to go cry over or something with your displaced sense of reality. Only sadness here move along!:;:imwithstupid

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean why do you constantly troll every thread? Do you think you're funny or are you just an asshat?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
nothing for me and I got shorted my preference point from not drawing last year, emailed them and awaiting an answer on what happened to my preference point. Tough to draw and then they handicap me with no points.
dukgnfsn

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
7 points for the new smokepole that is getting old and 5 for rifle, water under the bridge i suppose. Time to redistribute 9 days of vacation for earlier in the fall now since its too damn late to apply for august vacation or decide whether to use it for calling. Had my hopes up for the muzzleloader a little bit.

Next year i fully expect GNF to start getting their poop in a group so we can plan our vacation time much more accordingly. I would definitely rather be spending this vacation time NOW in july/august devils lake fishing and spending some precious time with my ailing grandma there; whom was (so i thought) very healthy at the time and will not make it to Sept now unfortunately,just sayin.

Not trying to play a card or rant; but this instance honestly does frustrate me for these days/weeks ahead. I should have freakin done it the other way around looking back now, but we recently switched to first-come first-serve based vacation reservation instead of seniority-based so i had to lock it up months and months ago.
Anyways, Congrats and good luck fellas!

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
nothing for me and I got shorted my preference point from not drawing last year, emailed them and awaiting an answer on what happened to my preference point. Tough to draw and then they handicap me with no points.
dukgnfsn

They have had the preference point situation the last couple years. It takes them a couple days and it gets back to where they are supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

7 points for the new smokepole that is getting old and 5 for rifle, water under the bridge i suppose. Time to redistribute 9 days of vacation for earlier in the fall now since its too damn late to apply for august vacation or decide whether to use it for calling. Had my hopes up for the muzzleloader a little bit.

Next year i fully expect GNF to start getting their poop in a group so we can plan our vacation time much more accordingly. I would definitely rather be spending this vacation time NOW in july/august devils lake fishing and spending some precious time with my ailing grandma there; whom was (so i thought) very healthy at the time and will not make it to Sept now unfortunately,just sayin.

Not trying to play a card or rant; but this instance honestly does frustrate me for these days/weeks ahead. I should have freakin done it the other way around looking back now, but we recently switched to first-come first-serve based vacation reservation instead of seniority-based so i had to lock it up months and months ago.
Anyways, Congrats and good luck fellas!

All they would have to do is set it up so that all gratis applications are in and completed by the game and fish before the due date for the non landowners is set for. theoretically you could have the drawing complete within a couple days at the very most if they are going paperless. it's not like they have to wait for the fun counts the come in before they can work on the landowner tags since they are putting for the same spot one way or the other.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for this guy but my wife pulled a coveted mule buck tag! Time to get it done!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole fnnn system sucks. Could not even draw a doe tag in 3b3. Pushing real hard for a 1 tag only system next year

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kids and I drew preference points for next year. First time in a long time we haven't had a single tag. Guess I will get to shoot coyotes and be the camp cook this year.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member

don't expect the lottery to get done any sooner going forward. According to the email I got from Randy at the G&F, this is the new normal. The email was posted in page 2 of this thread.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm the lucky one out of my family.
My brother got the SHAFT, sans lube, and my father got a crap tag in 4E, and no muzzloader tag.
I have the pressure from both of them now to make this count. 6.5x284 Norma or my 280 Ackley is the million dollar question.... both are M48 Patriots with Vortex optics....
the Ackley is pushing 140 CTs at 3250, and the Norma is pushing 140 Match Burners at 2880....

just curious why the 4E tag is a crap tag? got a couple buddies that apply out there and was thinking of doing the same for next year since 2C blows and i wont get a rifle tag here for quite a few years for whitetails!
Thanks!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole Gratis excuse baffles me. I could see a couple years ago when they really started cracking down on them effecting the draw. I can't believe there would be much change in land owner ship of that size year over year.

Why arn't Gratis tags required online like the lottery?

Seems the GnF could have a Gratis approval app to vet all
Landowners due earlier in the year. Give a guy 60 days after the purchase of property to fill it out. Then come lottery time they would just have to see who sent in the deer apps.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe that before the "crack down" on gratis apps, they used to ball park the gratis number in order to make things quicker. But now with so many applications for few tags they want to be more accurate. I would think they could do the gratis earlier and get back to around the 4th. But landowners hold the keys to hunting in North Dakota, so we are at their whimsy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88