Need graph advice

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just can keep up like some of you guys.
When I purchase an overly priced electronic, I want it to do what it does for 10 years trouble free, etc.
Buying the newest and latest technology is less than neat. I like to catch fish, and look at a locator without needing an IT degree to run it.

I once thought I needed the newest tech stuff, but it seemed as soon as I purchased it, it was obsolete. Its all a big effin racket.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just can keep up like some of you guys.
When I purchase an overly priced electronic, I want it to do what it does for 10 years trouble free, etc.
Buying the newest and latest technology is less than neat. I like to catch fish, and look at a locator without needing an IT degree to run it.

I once thought I needed the newest tech stuff, but it seemed as soon as I purchased it, it was obsolete. Its all a big effin racket.

LOL, you are all over the board on spending money. Hows that Yeti?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What does Garmin have for map chip options? Navionics work with them?
they have their Garmin Lakevu maps built in and it's all you need.

- - - Updated - - -

I had two buddies last summer that bought used boats. One had Lowrance HDS10's the other had Birds. I fished with them both one weekend. They couldn't get them to operate they way they wanted so I messed with them for hours and they were the most cumbersome pieces of shit I've ever messed with. The next weekend they fished with me and I had my new Garmin in there. They went home the next day and bought Garmins. The most user friendly outfits out there. The sonar used to be their weakness but now their sonar is as good or better than any of them.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a garmin handheld for ice fishing. Simple and easy to use and the lakevu map is accurate. I like it. When I replace my graphs gonna be a garmin. I like my 998, 898' and 788 all linked with side, down, and 360 imaging. I've had lawrance always and these are my first birds. Won't go back to lawrance.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
they have their Garmin Lakevu maps built in and it's all you need.

- - - Updated - - -

I had two buddies last summer that bought used boats. One had Lowrance HDS10's the other had Birds. I fished with them both one weekend. They couldn't get them to operate they way they wanted so I messed with them for hours and they were the most cumbersome pieces of shit I've ever messed with. The next weekend they fished with me and I had my new Garmin in there. They went home the next day and bought Garmins. The most user friendly outfits out there. The sonar used to be their weakness but now their sonar is as good or better than any of them.

Which ones did they get

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
which ones did who get? which garmins? One got the new 73SV which was the replacement for my echo 70DV. The other bought a 1040XS I believe.

Ya which garmins. I have been looking at some of them

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 70
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28