Need to upgrade Electronics

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just like any new electronics nowdays , get it home and hooked up to boat and its already out-dated. Might as well get yourself some creek chubs throw them in your bath tub, put a comfey seat on the shitter, ice jigging rod and your all set for less than 50 bucks.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
There must not be too many guys that have experienced Humminbirds MEGA IMAGING on here. The clarity from those is amazing. I have seen a 26+ inch walleye 30ft to the side of me on my graph and could see the dorsal fin on her. I have also seen a 7ft sturgeon and could pick out the plates on it on my down imaging. They can pick out weed lines and tree lines as if your looking at a picture of them. Ive got nothing against Lowrance but I feel the mapping for Humminbirds is hands down the best for North Dakota. If you tie in a through hull transducer with the HD transducer you dont lose bottom when on plane. Just my two cents. Now days with the way electronics and boats are my philosophy is pick what suits you best and what you are comfortable with. You probably wont be dissappointed with your purchase.
do you have any screenshots to show this so people can see what you are talking about.

Honored Member
I do not have any screens shots. I didnt have an SD card in the units at the time. This summer there will be. There were others in the boat to verify this though. I wouldnt have believed it if I wouldnt have seen if for myself. Best money I've spent.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the ideal set up would be a Mega 9 or 10 Bird for SI and mapping, then a HDS 7 or 9 for sonar

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just glanced through some posts so if I repeat something it's not intentional. the lake offset works awesome with the depth highlight on the birds especially on devils with the changing water levels, adjust your depth and set your shallow water highlight.

I would be seriously looking into a new Garmin if I was going to buy a new sonar I've heard from a few friends that say they watch the fish eat their lure on the new sonar they have

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you look hard enough -- you can find mega for under 1k for a 9"

Mega right now is the grand pooopppaaaaa of all sonar. We will see in a year

Is that with SI? I would buy that today if it was under a grand. Cheapest I've seen is $1199.

I'm sold on Mega at the moment. I have an 859 DI, that has worked well for me and will move that to the bow with the trolling motor transducer.

A good guy to ask about mega is Captain Brad.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
41CED2CD-D5D2-47B4-99C6-0F86C09D1106.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one of the shots I took of smelt pods with my birds with Mega. I can tell you guys coming from standard SI versus mega, it’s night and day. It also greatly improved the DI. I’ll also say the new chirp sonar is much better.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am tossing the idea around of picking up one Garmin unit for on the bow though as well. Primarily to play with the panoptix feature and I would use it on the ice then as well. As a perk, Garmin gives a grand in bonus bucks for having a graph in your boat if you win an AIM event.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90