What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Need to upgrade Electronics
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Sub_Elect" data-source="post: 185538" data-attributes="member: 1014"><p>I have yet to spend some serious time behind a Bird, but after two seasons with the HDS gen3 units on my boat I am more then impressed. It took some time to muddle through setting it up and getting the transducers to show fish the way I wanted them to but after its all done, WOW! I can read and see fish on the bottom on plane running 25 to 40 mph. I don't ever loose bottom, even running wide open in 100 fow. I think Lowrance has come a long way from just a few years ago. I agree that the mapping on the Birds is better but for fishing I prefer Lowrance. </p><p></p><p> The touch screens can be a bit finniky. I have problems with them when its cold out and my hands are really dry. I usually just breath on my finger tips and the screen will pick up contact with my fingers after that. After having touch screens I don't think I would go back. I find myself trying to use friends graphs like they are touch screens all the time.</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>In my opinion it is not a must have. I only switch my units to chirp if the fish are pinned to the bottom and I am moving really slowly.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Sub_Elect, post: 185538, member: 1014"] I have yet to spend some serious time behind a Bird, but after two seasons with the HDS gen3 units on my boat I am more then impressed. It took some time to muddle through setting it up and getting the transducers to show fish the way I wanted them to but after its all done, WOW! I can read and see fish on the bottom on plane running 25 to 40 mph. I don't ever loose bottom, even running wide open in 100 fow. I think Lowrance has come a long way from just a few years ago. I agree that the mapping on the Birds is better but for fishing I prefer Lowrance. The touch screens can be a bit finniky. I have problems with them when its cold out and my hands are really dry. I usually just breath on my finger tips and the screen will pick up contact with my fingers after that. After having touch screens I don't think I would go back. I find myself trying to use friends graphs like they are touch screens all the time. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] In my opinion it is not a must have. I only switch my units to chirp if the fish are pinned to the bottom and I am moving really slowly. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Electronics
Need to upgrade Electronics
Top
Bottom