new bbq thermometer suggestions...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
the traeger thermometer (made by someone else) took a crap... looking for a rig with probes for grill + meat... wireless would be nice, but if there's a better one without, that's what i'll get...

any input appreciated...

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an igrill mini. I like it. Has Bluetooth so you can sit on the couch and check it from your phone. Bluetooth distance isn't quite as far as it claims, but still nice.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a Weber wireless unit for a while, it sucked. It lost signal regularly and I went through 2 probes in
less than 1yr.

Aquaholic

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Weber wireless. I have had good luck with it with short cooks, maybe a dozen cook outs so far. I am currently using for my first ~10hr run through a bone in pork shoulder. I have not looked yet to see if I can try the second probe for internal grill temp yet. Signal was able to make it through out my average size house. I did replace batteries with energizers early instead of factory batteries.
Good luck.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bump on a new Thermometer for the lake.
This last weekend we had a group cook out, and I did my homemade fries. However my oil on the first batch was not to temp, using a turkey fryer with small pan option. I have always just dropped a fry in and if it was a boiling figured we were good. A fellow camper came over and dipped his thermometer in and I was only at 235 temp. Should be at 375*+.
What little pocket type temp taker do you guys use in this situation? Willing to spend up to $50 on it, so not looking to be cheap...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member

ThermoPro Lightning 1-Second Instant Read Meat Thermometer, Calibratable Kitchen Food Thermometer with Ambidextrous Display, Waterproof Cooking Thermometer for Oil Deep Fry Smoker BBQ Grill​

currently sub $48 and 40% off @ amazon. thermpro has a gazillion of them. i have one. but, i have no idea what model it is or what i paid for it. i do know that i like it though.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
flawless for three or four years

https://a.co/d/0iTC39t1

1719952543811.png

1719952749257.jpeg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Second that. Inkbirds seem to be about the most accurate I've used. I have that one, buy also have a wireless one that communicates with a dedicated receiver...walked a couple hundred yards down the road, and still in communication.

Probes do go out on occassion.
Mine’s wifi so I can run to store, smoke overnight, run home from work to foil, yadda

haven’t had a probe fail yet

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mine’s wifi so I can run to store, smoke overnight, run home from work to foil, yadda

haven’t had a probe fail yet
My grill has all that stuff built in. The wifi is awesome!. I can go fish do whatever I want and can watch/control everything with my phone. Highly recommend wifi capability.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife got me 2 of the Meators recently so far they seem very accurate. Blue tooth only so you have to be in the area, but the range seems pretty good. Helped prove how horrible the ambient probe on my treager is.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Instant read thermometer is what I use when not using the built in system. It gives a temp instantly and you don’t have to sit and wait to get an accurate temperature.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 26
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10