New Boots

CJR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Baffins and they are amazing. I'm not much of an ice guy, but I wear them out in my treestand on late season hunts. I can't drive with them on....gotta go stocking foot until its time to get out of the truck.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered a set of the Impacts in size 12, hope they are not to tight, as it is only up 1 1/2 sizes, and doing shit through the mail is always a PITA come return time.

Haven't had a set of new snow boots in what must be at least 25 years, those Sorrels really stood the test of time, however I am needing a bit more insulation as I age gracefully.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So my 10.5 I should order a 12.5?
It looks like they only come in full size increments, so 10.5 to a 12 good enough, seems a 13 would be over kill?
I'm not sure that they make 1/2 sizes. I think a 12 would work just fine. Lots of places have free shipping if ordering online. Order a 12 and a 13 and return one. I think I ended up ordering 3 different sizes until I found one that fits.

As others have mentioned, they are a great for sitting around in the tree stand or on the ice. not great if doing a fair amount of walking. I wear regular shoes on the way to the lake and then put them on when I get there (all my lakes are an hour or more away).

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
So my 10.5 I should order a 12.5?
It looks like they only come in full size increments, so 10.5 to a 12 good enough, seems a 13 would be over kill?
If I can remember tonight I'll check to see what size my Baffins are as I have the same size shoe you do and they fit great, and they are warm as well as comfy. I get cold feet easily and those Baffins keep them nice and warm.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered a set of the Impacts in size 12, hope they are not to tight, as it is only up 1 1/2 sizes, and doing shit through the mail is always a PITA come return time.

Haven't had a set of new snow boots in what must be at least 25 years, those Sorrels really stood the test of time, however I am needing a bit more insulation as I age forcefully.

FIFY. 🥳

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a pair of the Schnee's Pac boots and some good warm socks and you'll have no issues.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Got a pair of Mucks this year...super comfortable/walked half a mile on the ice first time I wore them. Only need 1 pair of socks...feet stay warm. We'll see how they hold up...so far so good.
My feet have been getting cold. Bought the minus 40 ones

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone remember when the cool kids wore moon boots?
I had a few pairs as a young kid in grade school. Most of my teen years were uninsulated work boots, probably dads hand me down redwings, with the 5 buckle overshoe over top. Never seemed to get cold feet back then but maybe I was just moving lots more.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone remember when the cool kids wore moon boots?
1671722893175.png

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a pair of the Schnee's Pac boots and some good warm socks and you'll have no issues.
I do think I would have to check out the Schnees Extreme or Kennetrek Northern pac boots if I was buying a new set. They may not be as warm as the Baffins but would probably be less bulky. I have a pair of Schnees Beartooths for my hunting boots and love them.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info gents. I like what I’m hearing about Baffins, going to have to check out a pair. The Honda Rancher is a foot shift, so I may have to try something else if they are too bulky. That or buy a new wheeler. I will say it’s a shame what became of Sorel once they went Chinese.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say it’s a shame what became of Sorel once they went Chinese.
AGREE 110%. Although I still have an original pair from 1969. And a newer pair 8 or so years ago. I threw the Chinese liner away and purchased new ones from the Will Steiger store in Ely, MN. That made an improvement. Oh and I did send Sorel a Nastygram.

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a couple pairs of kentrek first pair the rubber cracked like a cheap tarp strap sent them in and the other pair did the same thing after a year. they were nice and light weight not a 30 below boot. they even called me and asked what i was doing to them. Just wore them like my other packs. they didnt send me a third pair.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

Haven't had a set of new snow boots in what must be at least 25 years, those Sorrels really stood the test of time, however I am needing a bit more insulation as I age gracefully.
only girls size their feet in halves.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79