NEW GROUP = REAL fishing reports!!!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
My intention for this MODERATED group is for it to be a place for active fishermen to share information with other group members that they might not want to post for the entire internet to view.

Those who are leeching and not adding to this group will be removed eventually.

I will post detailed reports every time Im out and hope other members do the same.

There will be some 'category' threads for specific waters, I would like members of the group to just keep adding reports to those and hopefully I can find a way to make them 'sticky' so they always stay at the top...

Vollmer, if I want to change the title of a thread I already created, how can I do that?

Please consider joining if this is something you would be willing to participate in.

Thanks!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already sent in my application to rush this fraternity. Am I good enough to be in frat house lycan???

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
You can change it in 'edit thread' then 'advanced'. If it is past the allowed time for editing it pm me and I'll change it for you.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Would be great if you guys could still post to the global fishing reports as well. Helps the site out quite a bit. But I love the idea of super detailed reports within an exclusive group. Will be applying.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would be great if you guys could still post to the global fishing reports as well. Helps the site out quite a bit. But I love the idea of super detailed reports within an exclusive group. Will be applying.

Sure Thing!! Just won't be as long and boring like the ones I'll put here. LOL!!

Oh and it might be a good idea to post a Sheyenne River option. I will probably use that one. (Wink)

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im thinking anyone can create a thread for their favorite body of water, please look to see if there is one first tho. It would be best to just add to one already there instead of creating new ones all the time. Also if you create a topic, please have the body of water in the title, not something like "Boy did I catch fish this weekend", haha

I also created threads that should cover most smaller lakes, titled "TOWN area lakes", for example Bismarck area lakes thread would cover all smaller lakes within general driving distance of Bismarck, Steele, Napoleon, Washburn, etc....

Any suggestions, just let me know.... I hope this group takes off.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a great idea! I'll be applying too!

I'm not opposed to posting two fishing reports. Be worth it to me to give a general report of where I went and then went into detail or asked questions in the group.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I thought of that I think should be obvious, but might be worth mentioning.

Please do not copy peoples reports from inside the group and post them anywhere else. I would like this to be 'for members only' information, that we can share within the group.

Also if there is a member of the group that hasnt posted anything recently and you feel they should be removed, please just message me about it and I will consider removing them. Currently I consider MINIMUM activity to be in this group will be at least 1 GOOD report every 4 months. I understand that some people dont get time to fish as much as they would like to, but if you cannot contribute at least that much, this might not be the place for you.

I will work on creating a template for reports that people can copy and paste into the appropriate thread and fill out, but it will be fairly general and can be modified as anyone likes when posting their reports.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It works!!! Just posted the details of yesterdays muddin' trip.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill post up my trip friday. looking at one of 2 small lakes in central ND

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love small lakes. If the river slows down at all, I'm going back to a few I've had good luck at the last couple years.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
13 'REAL' fishermen have had the cojones to sign up so far.... ;:;bowdown

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea !

I'm in if'n you'le have me

Definitely, everyone is invited initially, but members may be removed for inactivity after a while.

For everyone:
If you arent an active fisherman that wants to share information with others, this might not be the best place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, when we get to 50 members in this group, I will post a new avatar picture... How is that for incentive?

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
13 'REAL' fishermen have had the cojones to sign up so far.... ;:;bowdown

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely, everyone is invited initially, but members may be removed for inactivity after a while.

For everyone:
If you arent an active fisherman that wants to share information with others, this might not be the best place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, when we get to 50 members in this group, I will post a new avatar picture... How is that for incentive?

if you change your avatar im leaving this group...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, maybe I will create a poll with some options, once I get to 50 members... That could be fun

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How often does a guy have to post a report to join ? I'd gladly post a report every time I go but in 2014 I only went fishing twice , Once was 21 days and the other time was 14 days. This summer looks like it will be about the same.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77