New home ideas

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being in the telecom business I can say everyone forgets about us. Over build your home with network lines. Minimum 2 cat5 and 1 coax to each jack location. The wire is cheap, usually around $0.20/ft. The labor to install it after the fact will kill you, if its even possible.

I also recommend network lines and power outlets on the corners of your home in the soffet, makes it really nice to add security cameras if you wanted to.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
On our new house we are going to have all 36'' doors installed in every entrance. I know what my future is and alot easier to do now than when i need it. Also for moving furniture it is the cats azz! Spray foamed closed cell insulation in floor and walls with blown in in the attic i think. Also a 1300 sq. foot garage, done renting storage and no basement for storage.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being in the telecom business I can say everyone forgets about us. Over build your home with network lines. Minimum 2 cat5 and 1 coax to each jack location. The wire is cheap, usually around $0.20/ft. The labor to install it after the fact will kill you, if its even possible.

I also recommend network lines and power outlets on the corners of your home in the soffet, makes it really nice to add security cameras if you wanted to.
most of the stuff is wireless now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47