Bucket for insulated tip ups?

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking for a 5-6 gallon plastic pail with bottom inside diameter large enough to fit
round thermal tip ups. Every new bucket I see at big box stores has bottom inside diameter about 10.25" which is not quite enough. I had one old bucket in my stack that is about 11" at the bottom and works great. Looking to find another one or two in Bismarck area if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
All mine seem to fit in the 6 or 7 gallon buckets that fleet farm sells

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks Freedom I'll add that to my list for the next trip to Fargo. Going to be a while before they have the Bismarck store open.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you know anyone in the paint business those gray buckets should work because they are a full 5gal bucket as where the sheetrock buckets are 4 and 1/2 gal. The gray one's worked for me when I ice fished and I used polar tipups. I think I have 2 brand new ones somewhere in a bucket buried in my shop. LB

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks LB. I went to Sherwin Williams and a commercial painting contractor that sells their empty buckets on Bis-Man. Both have the same tapered buckets that are slightly over 10" at bottom.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried Menards 5 gallon buckets?

I've always used the 6 gallon frabil buckets because they are taller, padded seat, you can fit more inside and fit great layed down in my sled. More spendy then a generic though

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks NDSportsman. I haven't spent a penny at sucknards since they refused to allow my beautiful uncovered face in their store. I'd pay $100 for Uline to ship me a bucket before I'd go back there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88