My M1A!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
20231106_131516[1].jpg
20231106_131603[1].jpg
20231106_131613[1].jpg
20231106_131608[1].jpg

Besides the M-1 and M-14 have a Krag that i bought from the Legion i belong to. They bought in the late twenties for under $2 and were ship up here by rail. Action is so smooth i feel it will close itself.
Also, since i can remember my dad had an1873 Springfield that he said was use in the Little Big Horn battle. Problem is according to the serial number was made in 1881. Did buy some bullets and did put in the chamber but was scared to pull trigger. Very. very well worn but no rust. Missing some parts. Barrel is a little over 21 inches and front site is wrong. Barrel groves are not right so do not know what it is. I think maybe a rifle cut down. Never did ask dad the history so that is in the grave now. So on the wall and a Springfield that was in the Custer battle. db

It's the 19th Century version of "BeDazzled".

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 69 i was at Fort Lewis basic being introduce to a M-14. Fell in love with that gun and it became an extension of my body. It became a want but not a need so never did get one until my son bought me one a month ago.
In training we were require to shoot 3 rounds under a nickel at 20-30 meters using iron sites. Some did it right away and some never did get it done. For me it took about five times.
Had some bullets so did shoot it to make sure it works and if the sites were close.

Then bought a scope mount and 100 rounds. Had high profile rings to put on and have order low profile ones. Used iron sites to set scope site. Drove out on gravel, stop, put target out at 30 big steps using end gate for support and five bullets. First two were high so next three i shot at bottom of red not sure why and did shoot rapidly. You can see the results. Have a large nickel form my boyhood in the 50s that are in a box of mine to compare with.
Goal is to shoot five rounds under a nickel at 50 yards with scope this summer in the warmth and a decent rest. I feel the rifle and bullets can do it but have doubts with me.

Son got me a M-1 about four years ago with 200 rounds. Need to order 100 more for the 7.62. Should have enough for my concerns of Canada coming down or Mexico coming up. What do you think? db
Target of choice is interesting and that old coin to match rifle very nice indeed.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.targetbarn.com/broad-side/308-vs-7-62/

Half way through the article this author begins equivocation like a field mouse nibbling a sandwich scrap; reminding me of the Air Farce I love: Balls out until the rubber hit's the road: He seems to come back around at the end;

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88