went to a bar part 1

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife going to Florida with kids for vacation so took her to airport in Fargo.

First night stopped in Thompson for night, went to bar to order food and an Old Mill. Notice a table of mid-age ladies that appear to be out for the night. Bar maid came for another round so gave her a nickel and ask her to play a certain jukebox song. In time she put the nickel in, and the song comes on. For some reason could not understand the words coming out of the jukebox so little result. However, one lady comes over and ask if i played the song, yes, she smiles and went back to her table. Maybe

The next day i take wife to Fargo, drop her off and decided to go downtown to Broadway to some of the old bars (flame, take five, empire, town hall. ect) and see if a nickel will play a song.
Going down 12 ave north, east listening to old music and the song i am the wild one from 1958 by Johnny someone comes on. Great song so i turn the volume up, lay back in the bucket seat and putts East.
Out of nowhere an old, yellow pickup comes on my right side. Guy was hanging out the window, screaming loud something and waving his arm. I assume a medical problem and i assume i would have to use my limited medical knowledge to help out. But he soon sped off. Hoped he was okay.

As i continue to putt east on my way to Broadway, i got to thinking, i may have just made another memory, an old age one. Not sure what the memory was or is, but it must have been a memory for my old age.
Then i got to thinking, i am old, dark, by myself, in a big town, i should probably find the interstate and head north to find a small town with a bar. But first i stopped in a parking lot to make sure there was no bang on my wives 2019 Buick. She would not be happy if there was and there wasn't.

So, i headed north, found a small-town bar, a nickel and go in. Walk to the bar maid and order an Old Mill. Looked around and did not notice the stuff that i was looking to see, i assume they would not share their stuff to see anyways so thought it best to save the nickel for another time. Was only a handful of a few young ladies that all appear sober. But will not guess that again as one never knows. It is only a nickel.

Catdaddy and Snow, it did not work out this time but i got a lifetime to work on this. Any advice would be welcome.

There was a time, I and a buddy played in a dart league and seen our fair share of boobs just by asking. Asked with respect and used common sense when one knew when to ask and not to ask. Worked fine. Dart night is next Wednesday. Some ladies are looking for the same thing the men are. (a lasting memory). Hope to have part 2 going to a bar soon. db

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol,fun read db,headline should read "life n times" of db...good for you,always fun to step in a small town bar,it's an adventure with or w/o a nickle.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I went to a bar once. People were there too. Beer was served. Whiskey was on the shelf. I saw a girl too. When I left I turned onto Blanding Ave going to the river. Hell, I crossed the river and ended up at the ocean.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB all I can say is "when at first you don't succeed, try try again!"

Can't wait to hear Part "x" whenever it finally happens!

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
WTF are you talking about? You're married and trying to find a whore for a nickel or what?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
WTF are you talking about? You're married and trying to find a whore for a nickel or what?
His wife would be very proud of him.

Then you have a few guys giving him high 5's

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good grief:

I thought i was looking for a boob for a song on the jukebox in exchange for a nickel and that was all. Nothing else.
Damn catdaddy, now i am in trouble with some of the boys on here as they think i am lowlife and looking to mess around for a nickel (are they that cheap now days?)

But if you want this to be on a serious note (and not for the fun of talking stupid), i have only know one woman my whole life (including my youth) and that is my wife and that will be the only woman i will ever know. (In mind and body) for 52 years now and counting.

How about you? db

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good grief:

I thought i was looking for a boob for a song on the jukebox in exchange for a nickel and that was all. Nothing else.
Damn catdaddy, now i am in trouble with some of the boys on here as they think i am lowlife and looking to mess around for a nickel (are they that cheap now days?)

But if you want this to be on a serious note (and not for the fun of talking stupid), i have only know one woman my whole life (including my youth) and that is my wife and that will be the only woman i will ever know. (In mind and body) for 52 years now and counting.

How about you? db
Gotta stay away from the nickel whores. That's a lot of tricks turned before she can buy a bar of soap...

Congrats on 52 years!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Db,never mind assumption ppl ....

Waiting for part two,get rollin.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
fly and one less

I thought you would have fellow up on your statements.
Over the years the wife and i have had a number of memories and i feel the need to talk about one of those relationship you felt the need to comment on.

We were having a beer at the local bar when five guys came in the front door. 20 year olds. Strangers to me but they came walking up to the two of us. About 20 feet away one grabs the cue stick off the pool table and tells the rest let's get him.

As i got off the stool my first thought was what the hell did the wife do now. At the same time i could tell this would be nothing but talk and big time from the one with the cue stick. One of the boys' steps in between us and got the group to go to another table.

Then the tall one felt the need to come over and started to talk to my wife so i excuse myself down the bar. I could hear her calling him a pretty boy and nothing but a joke. Soon he was saying he was sorry to her, but she would not accept that, and he left.

I return but another boy felt the need to come over and rag on me. No idea who he was or what it was about.
She put her finger in his chest and invited him out the front door. About 5 minutes later she came back in by herself. Never seen him again. She never told me what happen out there and i never asked.

Now i ask the two of you, if your relationship is so strong and pure would you have the ability to let your wife talk to the first one and leave them. Would the two of you know your wife had the confidence in you to know she could walk out the front door by herself.

Well, our relationship is such. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, captain it is all about how one asks. db

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good grief:

How about you? db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88