Shoreline casting around Lake

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Hiya there. I'm going over to the Upper Souris Outlet fishing area at Lake Darling to morrow morning and noticed there's only a few designated fishing spots on the map.
Is Lake Darling and the Upper Souris open to shoreline fishing anywhere or ONLY in the spots marked on the map?
Is fishing along the dam there allowed as well?
Any and all experience for this area is appreciated.
I have not fished in this spot before so had to ask. 🐟

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am afraid I don't fish Darling, but I do know there are a number of access points along the western shoreline. If you haven't already, check out NDGF's mapping service: https://gfappspublic.nd.gov/wheretofish/Results.aspx

And, of course, your concerns may very well be warranted in that exploring far away from an access point may not be allowed because it is a National Wildlife Refuge, but the staff up there are quite helpful and friendly. The office is located about a quarter to one-half mile east of the dam on the south side of the highway. Stop in and check with the staff there and they will be more than happy to give you the details on where you can, and cannot access the shoreline.

Good luck!

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
I am afraid I don't fish Darling, but I do know there are a number of access points along the western shoreline. If you haven't already, check out NDGF's mapping service: https://gfappspublic.nd.gov/wheretofish/Results.aspx

And, of course, your concerns may very well be warranted in that exploring far away from an access point may not be allowed because it is a National Wildlife Refuge, but the staff up there are quite helpful and friendly. The office is located about a quarter to one-half mile east of the dam on the south side of the highway. Stop in and check with the staff there and they will be more than happy to give you the details on where you can, and cannot access the shoreline.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I've been going off of that map this summer as well. I will just have to visit the camp office while I am there and see what they can tell me.
Much appreciated!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake Darling is a NWR so you can’t access it anywhere you want. Boat ramps and the grand crossing is about the only spots I know about

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 55
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 18