New ice fishing stuff

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will probably pick up some new to me or new released lures, I don't really know what else I "need". Picked up 3 new rods last year to add to my collection JT Custom Gold Digger, and 2 Elliot 44"UL and 44"L. I see that JT Custom has come out with a 44" Shiver Stick which might have my interest.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lures seem to be something I am always buying even if I don't need them. I only use a select few throughout the year but I have 8 boxes of lures.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will probably pick up some new to me or new released lures, I don't really know what else I "need". Picked up 3 new rods last year to add to my collection JT Custom Gold Digger, and 2 Elliot 44"UL and 44"L. I see that JT Custom has come out with a 44" Shiver Stick which might have my interest.
I don't really need anything else either. I have a few more wants, but no more needs.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple of buckshots, jigging raps, and a chubby darter is about all I use. Have boxes full yet lol.

Eskimo hub stuff looks good.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally bought an ATV that I'd like to get outfitted. I have enough tackle and rods to outfit my kids' grand kids.
Side by side or atv type
Also would be interesting to start a new thread on outfitted units that members have.
https://www.thecompleteshelter.com/index.html
I always like this option but I don't believe the price would be a good option since atv use for me is pulling my clam voyager.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's pretty dang neat. I've been eyeing tracked atv's and I think that will be a purchase at some point.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dang this makes me miss all my old stuff and think about moving back up north.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been debating picking up o e of the new hub houses with the full length door.

Any good/bad experiences with the otter or eskimo versions?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Side by side or atv type
Also would be interesting to start a new thread on outfitted units that members have.
https://www.thecompleteshelter.com/index.html
I always like this option but I don't believe the price would be a good option since atv use for me is pulling my clam voyager.
That rig would be neat but without an enclosed trailer to get A-B, your fishing very local.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been debating picking up o e of the new hub houses with the full length door.

Big Otter fan, have only replaced hyfax in 12 yrs of heavy use.
Whoops, I see looking hub. My bad. . .
Have Clam hub don't use much.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have 4 or 5 years with my Eskimo Hub 450. I bought it because of the no-trip doors and kids. It's been very good to me. I have had it out in Winnipeg few times. Last winter during Christmas break, I found a very good spot on Devils and left it set up over a few nights. I'm eyeballing that new larger Eskimo Hub. Twinions are asking for an ice fishing birthday party.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

The only fault with the hubs for me is after set up, if you don't hit a hotspot, ya need to take all the chairs, heater, tackle boxes, cooler, rods, etc, etc out, fold down, find new honey hole and drag everything back in again when set back up. That's why I prefer my sled. Flip over still attached to Atv,move couple hundred yards, flop it back over, everything is in the sled.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only fault with the hubs for me is after set up, if you don't hit a hotspot, ya need to take all the chairs, heater, tackle boxes, cooler, rods, etc, etc out, fold down, find new honey hole and drag everything back in again when set back up. That's why I prefer my sled. Flip over still attached to Atv,move couple hundred yards, flop it back over, everything is in the sled.
I have an otter sled house that I use when by myself but it's too small if I have a 2nd person along. And I can't get a bigger sled house to fit in my suburban without flooding down the 2nd row of seating

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
and the best part about this is it makes a person think about not bringing all that extra stuff cause there’s only so much room in the sled. I pack an auger rods heater bait, tackle box and flasher. I have drastically cut back with the amount of extras I don’t need. Set up and tear down is less than 2 minutes and I’m onto the next spot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53