New ice fishing stuff

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only fault with the hubs for me is after set up, if you don't hit a hotspot, ya need to take all the chairs, heater, tackle boxes, cooler, rods, etc, etc out, fold down, find new honey hole and drag everything back in again when set back up. That's why I prefer my sled. Flip over still attached to Atv,move couple hundred yards, flop it back over, everything is in the sled.
Some days it’s nice to just setup and fish. I love the run and fun but it’s far more relaxing and comfortable in the hub. And some days the bite rolls in and out all day long.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only fault with the hubs for me is after set up, if you don't hit a hotspot, ya need to take all the chairs, heater, tackle boxes, cooler, rods, etc, etc out, fold down, find new honey hole and drag everything back in again when set back up. That's why I prefer my sled. Flip over still attached to Atv,move couple hundred yards, flop it back over, everything is in the sled.
Agreed. Since I bought Livescope I don't even setup a house. But if I have company I'll set the hub up and use it as base camp. I run and gun, then return to the house to warm up, cook, etc.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm like Traxion, I like to set up and relax. On a nice day, I will get out of the house and run around a bit.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^ this times 10!! Perch or fire tiger
IDK what lakes you guys are fishing but I haven't caught a walleye or perch on a buckshot in years. In fact, I threw them all away. Perhaps I just don't know how to fish them, but flutter spoons have dominated for me over a buckshot.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
IDK what lakes you guys are fishing but I haven't caught a walleye or perch on a buckshot in years. In fact, I threw them all away. Perhaps I just don't know how to fish them, but flutter spoons have dominated for me over a buckshot.
:ROFLMAO: In the future please message me before throwing away buckshots, likely the best walleye ice lure ever made

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blue/silver buckshot. Can't find them anymore so had to go to blue/silver kastmaster

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
What does the peanut gallery think a person should get as far as a new auger is concerned? I currently have a 7ish inch kdrill paired with my Milwaukee, which works great for early and late ice..and a bullet proof 10in jiffy for my Zack Shak. I am in search of a better unit whilst hunting for eyes in my portable in medium to thicker ice. Thanks!

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
What does the peanut gallery think a person should get as far as a new auger is concerned? I currently have a 7ish inch kdrill paired with my Milwaukee, which works great for early and late ice..and a bullet proof 10in jiffy for my Zack Shak. I am in search of a better unit whilst hunting for eyes in my portable in medium to thicker ice. Thanks!
I run a 7.5" K-Drill with a Milwaukee and clam plate and I'm happy with it. However if I was going to start over I'd go with the StrikeMaster 40v with the lite flight auger.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the pistol bit paired with a Milwaukee m-18 drill. Eskimo just rolled out the pistol bit 2.0 which is supposed to be a faster cut.

laketrouthunter94

Doesn't really matter to me how much faster the Pistol Bit 2.0 is than the original... but those Turbo Blades are supposed to be easier on drills and get more out of a drill battery, which I like. Might have to pick one of the new 8" models up this fall.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just bought an otter vortex pro resort hub shelter this spring on sale looking forward to using that this winter. Was in my buddies monster lodge and was really impressed with that big sucker on Winnipeg with 4 guys. As far as augers I have been running the strikemaster 40v/kdrill combo past couple years and its been a darn nice setup for eating the dirty ice we have here. I have an eskimo fatfish 949i and a big 4-6 person clam I think its an 890 hub houses if anyone is looking. The clam is basically new, not even sure if I used it. Bought it from a guy that was going to use it elk hunting but never did. One of the roof panels even has a chimney hole and high temp panel sewn in for a wood/gas stove. Going to sell both of those this fall if anyone's looking for a deal, both are insulated. Upgraded my 9" livescope to a 12 inch mainly to be able to hook it up to the tv via hdmi for the ice house, but damn that 1243 xsv graph is a heavy sucker to tote around otherwise. Miss my little old toyota truck, one of those is definitely in my future if anyone knows of an older one for sale, tacoma or tundra. Someone asked about augers, I'm really impressed with the ion alpha my buddy has when up on Winnipeg, nothing puts an auger to the test like that place does. Would be fun to have an ice fishing get together weekend this winter with some of the folks on here! :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 183
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55