New state record paddle fish? It looks like one!

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I'm sure its all in good humor anyway, but once you snag it you have to tag it, there is no throwing it back unless its a catch & release day.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO, they are nasty as eff.

Oh hell no!

Get a good clean piece of the white meat off of a paddlefish filet, let's say 4x4 inches and an inch thick. Place on a broiler sheet with a tab of butter on top and a generous dose of lemon pepper. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, then turn on the broiler to sear the top.

Mmmm, that's fricking delicious.

Put anything near it with red meat off of a paddlefish and the mere proximity will give you the eyexer knowledge you seek.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 45 to 65 pounders are the best eating because they have less red meat and less fat in the meat. Anything less is all head and anything bigger gets fatty.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy swears they are good to eat. I asked him if he had ever heard a marketing campaign for anything being "algae fed"

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first couple times I ate it I thought it was good. It seemed everytime I ate it after that I liked it less and less to the point of not liking it at all. I no longer paddlefish.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure its all in good humor anyway, but once you snag it you have to tag it, there is no throwing it back unless its a catch & release day.

And this is something I COMPLETELY don't understand. How the hell is this a deal?!! Imagine the poor SOB being snagged and released a few times that day...If paddlefish can become dejected and pissed, this would certainly rank high. Flesh/eye wounds and long battles are not conducive to health or morale.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88