What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
New waterfowl ammo~
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Dirty" data-source="post: 331645" data-attributes="member: 6535"><p>Looks like lead shot gives a guy the best bang for his buck for ducks and geese!!!</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p>In all honesty, and I truly am not trying to call anyone out for their hunting practices or their equipment choices, but this is a very similar debate that I see among bow hunters when choosing bows, arrows, and even more so broad heads. (I don’t handle rifles much but I’m sure it holds true there also). Often the debate between fixed blades or mechanical heads centers around the damage done when making a poor shot, because when a perfect shot is made it’s usually a moot point. Often the debate with bows and bow/arrow combo centers on energy and penetration downfield on longer shots or bigger game. Both are definitely things about which one needs to consider and obtain knowledge. </p><p></p><p>Without taking a side on either issue, I just wish folks chose their equipment and actions based MOSTLY on maximizing their efficiency without marginalizing the making of responsible decisions, rather than just trying to stretch the ability to kill as far as they possibly can. In other words, so they can make a good shot rather than just convince themselves to take shots. I hope I worded that in a decent way because the physical and mental ability of each person is as different as each unique person even before you start picking equipment. It’s not a one size fits all, but you’ve all seen hunters out there who are taking actions that far exceed their abilities.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Dirty, post: 331645, member: 6535"] Looks like lead shot gives a guy the best bang for his buck for ducks and geese!!! [COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] In all honesty, and I truly am not trying to call anyone out for their hunting practices or their equipment choices, but this is a very similar debate that I see among bow hunters when choosing bows, arrows, and even more so broad heads. (I don’t handle rifles much but I’m sure it holds true there also). Often the debate between fixed blades or mechanical heads centers around the damage done when making a poor shot, because when a perfect shot is made it’s usually a moot point. Often the debate with bows and bow/arrow combo centers on energy and penetration downfield on longer shots or bigger game. Both are definitely things about which one needs to consider and obtain knowledge. Without taking a side on either issue, I just wish folks chose their equipment and actions based MOSTLY on maximizing their efficiency without marginalizing the making of responsible decisions, rather than just trying to stretch the ability to kill as far as they possibly can. In other words, so they can make a good shot rather than just convince themselves to take shots. I hope I worded that in a decent way because the physical and mental ability of each person is as different as each unique person even before you start picking equipment. It’s not a one size fits all, but you’ve all seen hunters out there who are taking actions that far exceed their abilities. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
New waterfowl ammo~
Top
Bottom