NFL News (Vikings)

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
No excuses, there are some absolute garbage dudes playing sports for big money. Think about it, it's the perfect storm for some of these guys. Many come from low-income families, been held in high esteem for their athletic abilities their whole lives, then handed millions and millions of dollars when they sign. Easy to see where that goes sideways real quick.
They would have gone sideways with or without the money, it is who they are the money didn’t make them that way

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nah, it's not to catch a football. It's to sink an organization.

One should not tie that much of the salary cap to a single WR. Dumb...
So break the cap down why that is. How much cap room will they have the following years and what is the cap going to increase each of those years? Or did you just see a big number and assume with out actually knowing what position they are in concerning the cap in the future?

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cynical Lifelong Vikings Fan that can remember the last super bowl loss..."I love the move!! Now we just need a big strong running back. I wonder if Herschel Walker is available?"

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cynical Lifelong Vikings Fan that can remember the last super bowl loss..."I love the move!! Now we just need a big strong running back. I wonder if Herschel Walker is available?"
THAT was the dumbest move ever. But sure was great for Dallas.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So break the cap down why that is. How much cap room will they have the following years and what is the cap going to increase each of those years? Or did you just see a big number and assume with out actually knowing what position they are in concerning the cap in the future?

Feel free to knock yourself out on that little exercise. There have been some great wide receivers in the league over the years, I can't think of a team that was led by a single wide receiver to the Super Bowl. This isn't a 10 year deal, in year #4...he will still be commanding an outsized portion of the salary cap. Not to mention, he's already shown himself to be mortal and will likely miss games during a given year due to injury.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
Feel free to knock yourself out on that little exercise. There have been some great wide receivers in the league over the years, I can't think of a team that was led by a single wide receiver to the Super Bowl. This isn't a 10 year deal, in year #4...he will still be commanding an outsized portion of the salary cap. Not to mention, he's already shown himself to be mortal and will likely miss games during a given year due to injury.
Move completely makes sense when you realize that they will have a QB playing on a Rookie contract for the entirety of Jefferson's new contract. When he is done with it in year four they will be able to pay McCarthy - if he is as good as everyone hopes he will be.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Move completely makes sense when you realize that they will have a QB playing on a Rookie contract for the entirety of Jefferson's new contract. When he is done with it in year four they will be able to pay McCarthy - if he is as good as everyone hopes he will be.

For every highly successful QB drafted in the first round, there are multiple flameouts. Not sure as a Viking follower I like our odds on that. It'd be great if McCarthy works out long-term, but I don't think I'd bet the farm on it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you really dont know how the cap works and what it will actually be when the contract hits or where the vikings are even at for cap space. In four years you dont even know what the cap will be at so with it increasing every year the hit will not what it is now. Ragnar explained it and if Mcarthy doesnt work out they can draft another qb. Getting the old qb's hasn't worked out so trying something different is a nice change.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wait until the kid starts missing him on his routes or he just botches up because he's a rookie.

I will pull this comment back up and flash the shit out of it when JJ starts pouting.

He has some pout to him. MUCH better than a lot of receivers in the league, but he has it.

What is it with receivers and their antics anyway? Predestined primadonna syndrome?

Act like you've been there before boys. Have a little bearing.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikes have triple threat with Justin, Addison and Hollister plus now Aaron Jones. None of it will matter if we cant protect our qb from a pass rush, the vikes will give who ever is qb some players to throw at, the issue though is our defense that has been the league bottom for the past 2 seasons.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you really dont know how the cap works and what it will actually be when the contract hits or where the vikings are even at for cap space. In four years you dont even know what the cap will be at so with it increasing every year the hit will not what it is now. Ragnar explained it and if Mcarthy doesnt work out they can draft another qb. Getting the old qb's hasn't worked out so trying something different is a nice change.
No shit I don't know what the cap will be. Neither do you, or the Vikings for that matter.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No shit I don't know what the cap will be. Neither do you, or the Vikings for that matter.
Will it go up? It went up 30 million this year over last. You can then extrapolate using past years and what is projected income so they do have a reasonable idea what the cap will be and what the hit will mean to the cap space. So unless the NFL has lower incomes than expected which is pretty close to a sure bet its not going to happen the Vikings do know what it will be.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will it go up? It went up 30 million this year over last. You can then extrapolate using past years and what is projected income so they do have a reasonable idea what the cap will be and what the hit will mean to the cap space. So unless the NFL has lower incomes than expected which is pretty close to a sure bet its not going to happen the Vikings do know what it will be.

We can all relatively safely bet that the cap will go up. Betting on how much it will go up gets riskier and riskier when expecting large jumps. Here's the history of salary cap numbers: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cba/

Look, one may not agree with my take on the risk of paying one non-quarterback this much money at a position where injuries are slightly more common than many other positions. I'd rather field a more rounded team. Ain't it grand to live in America where we can all have our own opinions?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1717529761465.png

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We can all relatively safely bet that the cap will go up. Betting on how much it will go up gets riskier and riskier when expecting large jumps. Here's the history of salary cap numbers: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cba/

Look, one may not agree with my take on the risk of paying one non-quarterback this much money at a position where injuries are slightly more common than many other positions. I'd rather field a more rounded team. Ain't it grand to live in America where we can all have our own opinions?
Thats a great idea but who are the players that are available at the time to field this better rounded team. Its no different than when cousins was available other than missing on mahomes in the draft what or who was the better options . Every one has ideas but when asked how said idea would be executed it seems its always crickets and nothing but criticism and no solutions. If they would have let jefferson walk who was going to replace him?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 47