North Dakota Sportfishing Congress April 22nd, 2023 Annual Banquet & Fundraiser

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
2023_poster.png

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to be there and win something for once! I’m amazed how the same few folks get their name called multiple times. For the past few years the names called and some families walk out with three rods and six other prizes. Me? I get a C-cell battery operated lantern.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From the website: "The North Dakota Sportfishing Congress (NDSFC) is the umbrella organization for all the fishing clubs of North Dakota. It is designed to be a watchdog and work with the Game and Fish Department, North Dakota Legislature and the Congress of the United States."

I'm not familiar with the organization. What are some of the things the NDSFC and its member clubs have rooted out, lobbied for/against and funded over the years? Thanks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the website: "The North Dakota Sportfishing Congress (NDSFC) is the umbrella organization for all the fishing clubs of North Dakota. It is designed to be a watchdog and work with the Game and Fish Department, North Dakota Legislature and the Congress of the United States."

I'm not familiar with the organization. What are some of the things the NDSFC and its member clubs have rooted out, lobbied for/against and funded over the years? Thanks.

Seems to be a legitimate question.

From the North Dakota Sport fishing Congress website on April 12 2023:

Under past events: April 12 2021 Fundraiser. Seems nothing happened since asking for money in 2021.

Under information: Minutes from April 17 2021. Seems nothing happened since 2021 where they asked for money.

Under Newsletters: April 2020 fundraiser cancelled due to covid. Seems fundraising was called off in 2020. Is fundraising all they do??

Under Calendar of Events: Feb 20 2021 Lake Audubon Derby. Seems nothing happened since 2021....Except fundraising.

Under Legislative. Last entry was from 2009. WTF?!?!?

So Honkerherms, What do I get from donating to the north dakota sportfishing congress?? Just asking for a friend.

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure if you are on the old website, but we finally got our new one developed, up, and running: https://ndsfc.wildapricot.org.
KDM, your purchase of a banquet ticket gets you a prime rib dinner and a chance at the other four cash prizes associated with the banquet ticket. We have one fund raiser a year. We have numerous other raffles along with the fellowship and camaraderie for a great evening with friends. As an umbrella organization for the 12 or so clubs that belong as supporting members, we discuss issues concerning sportfishing in North Dakota. Join one of the clubs and help them by representing that club at our meetings. Our biggest topic is probably ANS right now. We then work with the NDGF in seeing what type of administrative or legislative rules/laws may need to be implemented and if needed a lobbyist is hired. Like I stated, join one of the clubs, become a delegate for that club then join the NDSFC and become one of the directors to accomplish something in North Dakota.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is the selection of cheese? I like cheese.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure if you are on the old website, but we finally got our new one developed, up, and running: https://ndsfc.wildapricot.org.
KDM, your purchase of a banquet ticket gets you a prime rib dinner and a chance at the other four cash prizes associated with the banquet ticket. We have one fund raiser a year. We have numerous other raffles along with the fellowship and camaraderie for a great evening with friends. As an umbrella organization for the 12 or so clubs that belong as supporting members, we discuss issues concerning sportfishing in North Dakota. Join one of the clubs and help them by representing that club at our meetings. Our biggest topic is probably ANS right now. We then work with the NDGF in seeing what type of administrative or legislative rules/laws may need to be implemented and if needed a lobbyist is hired. Like I stated, join one of the clubs, become a delegate for that club then join the NDSFC and become one of the directors to accomplish something in North Dakota.
Your link isn't the same website I found by typing in north dakota sport fishing congress. Might want to get that older website pulled. It is probably causing you to lose some support if folks find that one instead of your new site. As ANS is your biggest topic right now, could you give us a status report on what the GnF does to decontaminate their nets, trucks, hoses, boats, and pumps they use to distribute fish throughout the state? Last I checked they didn't have any ANS decontamination protocols to prevent themselves from spreading these species. Thanks!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM is right , get rid of the old website. It's making you guys look bad. The time and date is current when you log in so theres no indication that your viewing obsolete material.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19