What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Not concentric
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="PrairieGhost" data-source="post: 178913" data-attributes="member: 704"><p>Thanks Kurt. I had a backorder at Midway, but they stopped having the .287. I hate to pay 50% more for Reddding. Anyway, I'll need a .287 because to cure my problem I will have to use a Lee Collet die. All other dies make the neck offset if one side of the brass is .015 and the other side is .012 inch. Anyway, the Lee Collet die centers the inside of the neck which will then let me neck turn and shave off the high (thick) side and not touch the low (thin side). So I guess it's not bad to pay the $50 if it keeps me from using 400 ELD-X already loaded. Pull the bullets and collet size, turn, re-neck size with smaller bushing, then reload.</p><p></p><p>Your a lot tighter than I am. Mine run .291 and .2915. Your necks must be thin. Do you get early neck splitting them from overworking?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="PrairieGhost, post: 178913, member: 704"] Thanks Kurt. I had a backorder at Midway, but they stopped having the .287. I hate to pay 50% more for Reddding. Anyway, I'll need a .287 because to cure my problem I will have to use a Lee Collet die. All other dies make the neck offset if one side of the brass is .015 and the other side is .012 inch. Anyway, the Lee Collet die centers the inside of the neck which will then let me neck turn and shave off the high (thick) side and not touch the low (thin side). So I guess it's not bad to pay the $50 if it keeps me from using 400 ELD-X already loaded. Pull the bullets and collet size, turn, re-neck size with smaller bushing, then reload. Your a lot tighter than I am. Mine run .291 and .2915. Your necks must be thin. Do you get early neck splitting them from overworking? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Not concentric
Top
Bottom