Old age sore joints

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have pills that work but I'm stubborn about taking them so I grin and bear it with CBD . When it gets too bad a 5 % Lidocaine patch helps a lot and lasts 24 hours. My only pain is back pain. I'd invite anyone with chronic pain to try CBD. I don't know what lycan has for CBD but I know he isn't going to mislead anyone.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
After being thrown from a mule at about a 20mph pace, full body weight at about 6ft height, all on my right knee, the pain is real. I have mrs johnr rub it from time to time, and use a Ben gay type pain rub on it and that does wonders. I also don't consume much for sweets, sugars, or any of that, as sugar basically I believe caused all of my mothers huge medical issues. She was a baker and ate sugar like most of us breath air.
My knee pain is constant, but livable, I really only have issue if I am on it say to work on something while kneeling, or while getting after it in the sack. If I am in an upright or sitting position its seems to be less of an issue. At my age I know its only going to get worse, as I am fairly young yet. Guessing my real issue will be on the come.
On a bad day ice and a single Aleve will take care of it.
I think guy is onto it with diet being a focus on pain management.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like goin to a joint to get a joint to help a joint. And all the help from NDA is a joint effort. :;:cheers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m sure everybody’s body chemistry is different. But time after time, I’ve done the experiment, and sugar’s the devil for me.

I figured it out after years of me being sore/stiff during the holidays, then magically improving after New Years.

Finally dawned on me that I only eat that sugary crap during the holidays.

Now I only have to put up with it when I cheat. That makes it easier to accept somehow. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
[MENTION=337]guywhofishes[/MENTION]

google blood type food diets (not meaning weight loss, meaning foods that are more compatible to your own body's chemistry)

For roughly the last 3 years I have slowly bought into the premise that I need to eat food types that are more compatible with my blood type. Plus like you alluded to, staying away from sugar. But also white flour and rice. I also have taken even a greater attempt at staying more active - going for a "long" walk each day and doing a lot of range of motion exercises. I also bought a rowing machine which helps strengthen the body's core. I know I feel a lot better than I have in years with doing all of this. It is hard at first resisting the urge for sugar. But over time it becomes easier and easier.

Good luck with your health.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanx guyz for all the input,sounds like a bunch of you guyz are in the same boat.

I've been in contact with Lycan,his honey is on my "to do " list.

Also,FYI I suckered in to this "copper fit" crap advertised...my leg's are to big for comperssion socks/sleeves so I went with the velcro wrap with a gel pak pocket one can heat up or cool down in the freezer,by gosh after straping this light weight knee support w/o using the gel pak yet,pain free after the first hour,the steady burning pain whilst sitting completely eliminated,either this copper fit really works or a combination of medical MJ and the wrap....

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanx guyz for all the input,sounds like a bunch of you guyz are in the same boat.

I've been in contact with Lycan,his honey is on my "to do " list.

Also,FYI I suckered in to this "copper fit" crap advertised...my leg's are to big for comperssion socks/sleeves so I went with the velcro wrap with a gel pak pocket one can heat up or cool down in the freezer,by gosh after straping this light weight knee support w/o using the gel pak yet,pain free after the first hour,the steady burning pain whilst sitting completely eliminated,either this copper fit really works or a combination of medical MJ and the wrap....

I retain fluid in my lower legs/feet (Have neuropathy) and my Dr prescribed furosemide to get rid of the water and it works. I cannot wear boots but I can wear my old, regular size shoes. I was taking 20mg but we upped it to 40mg per day in the morning and it really helps. Ask your Dr if it would be right for you.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
@guy

If one buys into the premise of certain blood types are bad in a transfusion, perhaps it will quickly follow that certain food types aren't good for you. ?

I have AB+ blood Thus through the years I "always" suffered eating foods/meals that others could wolf down and no side effects (and I am not talking sugar, etc.). I then wondered, why is that? Prior to finding out about blood type diets I also had a lot of migrane headaches. During one spell that got so bad I had to quit working. Spent a lot of days in a dark room with no sound. Remember being at the emergency room with screaming headaches and vomiting in the waiting room. Fun stuff. ::: Like I was telling my friend yesterday, I look rough like an old geezer but I feel a lot younger.

I will never go back to drinking soda/pop, eating processed chips/snacks, etc. They hit me too hard. Perhaps some of you can stomach it better than I ever could.

Good luck guys.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
@guy

If one buys into the premise of certain blood types are bad in a transfusion, perhaps it will quickly follow that certain food types aren't good for you. ?

I have AB+ blood Thus through the years I "always" suffered eating foods/meals that others could wolf down and no side effects (and I am not talking sugar, etc.). I then wondered, why is that? Prior to finding out about blood type diets I also had a lot of migrane headaches. During one spell that got so bad I had to quit working. Spent a lot of days in a dark room with no sound. Remember being at the emergency room with screaming headaches and vomiting in the waiting room. Fun stuff. ::: Like I was telling my friend yesterday, I look rough like an old geezer but I feel a lot younger.

I will never go back to drinking soda/pop, eating processed chips/snacks, etc. They hit me too hard. Perhaps some of you can stomach it better than I ever could.

Good luck guys.

I am also AB+ and do not have any of these problems that you describe. Not sure your problems are blood caused.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I retain fluid in my lower legs/feet (Have neuropathy) and my Dr prescribed furosemide to get rid of the water and it works. I cannot wear boots but I can wear my old, regular size shoes. I was taking 20mg but we upped it to 40mg per day in the morning and it really helps. Ask your Dr if it would be right for you.

Agreed on furosemide,taking 40mgs daily myself,piss like a race horse,been backing off lately to give the kidney's a break,just doin half doses daily.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed on furosemide,taking 40mgs daily myself,piss like a race horse,been backing off lately to give the kidney's a break,just doin half doses daily.

Keep after it. you will lower the H20 in your body and not need the bathroom near as much after a year or 2. At least that is my experience.

Just had a kidney scan and mine are A OK. Keep up the 40 mg of furosemide.

I've been doing the 40mg for 2+ years and my bathrooms trips are way less than when I went from 20 to 40mg per day.

Last edited:

NodakBob

Honored Member
my wife found relief from surgical pain with Painatrate cream from Malaleuca. A friend has found eating peanuts/leguumes can have an effect on joinrts.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Keep after it. you will lower the H20 in your body and not need the bathroom near as much after a year or 2. At least that is my experience.

Just had a kidney scan and mine are A OK. Keep up the 40 mg of furosemide.

I've been doing the 40mg for 2+ years and my bathrooms trips are way less than when I went from 20 to 40mg per day.

started my furosemide regiment in 2019,agreed in the begining I couldn't drive more than 20 miles w/o needing a piss stop,today not near as bad as you say,reading into side effects of a steady diet of furosemide has an effect on ones kidney's

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my wife found relief from surgical pain with Painatrate cream from Malaleuca. A friend has found eating peanuts/leguumes can have an effect on joinrts.

I have generally stayed away from beans the last couple of years.

If I forget and eat a bunch of tacos with refried beans, baked beans or chile w beans as leftovers a few days, I often get gouty aches in toes or ankles. So they're generally an occasional food for me.

Refined sugar, domestic beer, and beans are all inflammation sources for me and I try to give them a wide birth mostly.

Finally, it took me years to figure it out - but I discovered ibuprofen actually makes things worse. Acetaminophen is my go-to now. And Diclofenac on rare occasions - if I really get carried away and cheat like an idiot.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been takng furosemide too for the water retention in feet take 20 one day and 40 the next and NONE if I plan going somewhere where I cant stop every half hour to pee. But I can sleep through the night without getting up and thats a plus. LB

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ha LB ,same here...been busted many times pissing road side,fueling at a gas station (the sound of running water does it as well),even piss on my nosey dog when out back farten around in the back 40 when the urge strikes.goofy golden retriever gets the golden shower,non the wiser,bone head dog always under foot.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the time this storm is over and after wrestling with the snow blower, I hope to have enough aspirin in a can to elevate the pain. ;:;boozer

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
By the time this storm is over and after wrestling with the snow blower, I hope to have enough aspirin in a can to elevate the pain. ;:;boozer

gettin pounded tik? sucks, couple shots of fireball helps.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a thought... Look into Ultrasound Therapy. My chirporactor does it. 10 years ago when I broke the patellar tendon in my left knee I had it fixed and still had pain and swelling 4 months later when it was time to go to MT on an elk hunt. I went in and tried the Ultrasound Therapy for the first time the day before we left for the hunt... Holy Shit it was great. I ended up buying a machine off amazon so I could do it at home on both my knee and my elbows when they get to hurting real bad. Best $130 investment ever...

You found an ultrasound for $130? Should be more like $1300.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 74
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31