What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Old guy, old rifle, old reloads
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Zogman" data-source="post: 326300" data-attributes="member: 328"><p><strong>1947 model Icelander, Remington 700/270win 1982 model, Reloads from 1992. Federal brass, Federal 210 primers, 140 grain Hornady, 56.5 gr. H 4831. </strong></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Put a Bell and Carlson stock on. Leupold 3x9, After bore sighting went to the range Sunday morning and was extremely pleased with the group. 5 at 50 yds at 1 3/8 inches. Which to most on here is terrible</strong>:;:stirthepot <strong>I thought it was a great place to start.</strong></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>At 74 is has been 25 years since I had a centerfire at the range. A couple of things that surprised me were.</strong></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>The loud report. I need better ear muffs.</strong></p><p><strong>How much recoil a light weight 270 has.</strong></p><p><strong>The reloads were for a different 270 and must be slightly hot as the primer did show small flattening very slightly.</strong></p><p><strong>The rifle came with a reworked original Remington trigger. Very clean, crisp and 0 creep. Just slightly lighter than most of mine. Not going to change it.</strong></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Going to see what I can do next at 100yds. I was pushed for time this time. I have 2 more reloads to try.</strong></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Zogman, post: 326300, member: 328"] [B]1947 model Icelander, Remington 700/270win 1982 model, Reloads from 1992. Federal brass, Federal 210 primers, 140 grain Hornady, 56.5 gr. H 4831. Put a Bell and Carlson stock on. Leupold 3x9, After bore sighting went to the range Sunday morning and was extremely pleased with the group. 5 at 50 yds at 1 3/8 inches. Which to most on here is terrible[/B]:;:stirthepot [B]I thought it was a great place to start. At 74 is has been 25 years since I had a centerfire at the range. A couple of things that surprised me were. The loud report. I need better ear muffs. How much recoil a light weight 270 has. The reloads were for a different 270 and must be slightly hot as the primer did show small flattening very slightly. The rifle came with a reworked original Remington trigger. Very clean, crisp and 0 creep. Just slightly lighter than most of mine. Not going to change it. Going to see what I can do next at 100yds. I was pushed for time this time. I have 2 more reloads to try.[/B] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Old guy, old rifle, old reloads
Top
Bottom