What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Other
Old vs. New: Have Modern Hunters Lost Their Skills?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="spyder250" data-source="post: 30094" data-attributes="member: 342"><p>I agree that hunting/fishing technology has gotten a lot better. I would bet to say that some of the older record breaking animals and fish were shot or caught by an older guy that didn't care about scent(probably smoking a cig) or camouflage. Nowadays TV says you need the newest equipment or you are going to get skunked, so that's what guys are doing. As an army guy, I can use a map and compass, can estimate ranges pretty well(golf helps on that too) and as a kid I did catch a 7 pound northern on a snoopy rod. </p><p></p><p>Yes, technology does help, but I would say that it is the same as poker, luck and timing are your best friends when it comes down to it</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="spyder250, post: 30094, member: 342"] I agree that hunting/fishing technology has gotten a lot better. I would bet to say that some of the older record breaking animals and fish were shot or caught by an older guy that didn't care about scent(probably smoking a cig) or camouflage. Nowadays TV says you need the newest equipment or you are going to get skunked, so that's what guys are doing. As an army guy, I can use a map and compass, can estimate ranges pretty well(golf helps on that too) and as a kid I did catch a 7 pound northern on a snoopy rod. Yes, technology does help, but I would say that it is the same as poker, luck and timing are your best friends when it comes down to it [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Other
Old vs. New: Have Modern Hunters Lost Their Skills?
Top
Bottom