One hundred miles from home, whoops!!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where I go the only way to buy a back up would be to come all the way back to Dickinson. Nothing close would likely have a place to buy one. I guess New Town might have a place, that would only be about 50 miles out of the way.

When I first started ice fishing, All I had was a hand over hand rod, a plastic 5 gallon bucket for minnows and to sit on, and a Model 30 jiffy with a little ice scoop in the minnow bucket. I seemed to clean fish back then too.

I do remember pulling a sled full of crap half a mile across a bay to try catching some eyes, then remembering that I left the bait in the pickup, son of a bitch that walk back and forth sucked.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish a shitty lake. Most of the time my dead stick with slip bobber outfishes me and my flasher anyways. So it wouldn't bother me if I left it at home. Gotta have my radio thou. :)

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would keep fishing. Im too cheap to drive back and get it

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought my first ice auger from a friend today...jiffy model 30....yup....I'm moving up in the world with the rest of you sob's.....lol
Look out...here I come...ice fishing isn't new to me....its just I have never owned the luxury goods like some of you have in order to ice fish. I inherited some tip ups and two ice fishing rods, just slowly building my ice fishing emperor inventory so I can be like the rest of you

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
The good news is I generally pack two finders so I probably would not forget. I generally fish pike so no matter anyhow.

Now should all that happen to me there would be a string of swear words that would make the local deer and bunnies blush. Then I would probably sit for a while before finding a fishing spot to try the old fashioned way for a while. If I was not on fish within the hour I would just go home.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would still go fishing just be really pissed off. First time I went this year I forgot all my rods at the house. That was a long 5 miles back home.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They suspend all over the column in my experience. See giant red mark, reel to that depth, jig, wham.

you would benefit - even with tipups. Knowing where they're cruising is half the battle.

True indeed. It's hard to find quality women at the gravel pit.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once left the keys to the boat 80 miles away. I spent the day fishing from shore.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell, I do it every time I go ice fishing. Never have had a finder.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
A flasher is a must in my house my 7 year old get mad at me when I leave the extra one at home.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would stay and fish, but I wouldn't have the confidence I would have with the flasher.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish a shitty lake. Most of the time my dead stick with slip bobber outfishes me and my flasher anyways. So it wouldn't bother me if I left it at home. Gotta have my radio thou. :)

I need my music as well, whether in the boat or on the ice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49