One of my favorite teachers...

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know Jim, never heard of him. From what I have read I suspect he is a victim of the PC culture that has arived in ND. I could be wrong, but it appears our educators are walking on egg shells like the rest of the country. At least he didn't kiss any arse so good for him. Our whole education system needs an overhaul, best way to do that is privatize it and remove the government, what a corrupt disfunctionable system we have across the board when it comes to "education"

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably just pissed off a couple parents when he wouldn't give their kids a participation trophy for going to class.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's articles like these that make me really appreciate my teachers in my younger years. I'm under 30, and I was the last generation before all the cell phones and participation trophy's. My 3rd grade teacher was a stern women. You acted out you got the yard stick, and if you got smart with her she would assist you out of your desk to the storage room. And she had the grip and the imbedded nails in your arm to prove that she wasn't putting up with anything on the walk/drag over to the storage room. Granted now days she would be fired in an instant for that type of behavior. Sometimes kids need a good "correcting" on who's in charge. I'm not saying beat your kids numb, but a good crack on the behind gets their attention. I got the belt when I had it coming, as will my children.

Now days every kid has ADD or ADHD some type of other disorder according to their parents. And I call BS on 85% of all these situations. It's the lack of parenting and teaching their kids what is right and what is wrong. And if you make the wrong choice on purpose, you have the consequences of your actions. But hey, they have ADD or ADHD and they all need to be medicated! That way they never grow up learning how to control themselves. Just go through life as zombies...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
My 7th grade biology teacher and coach was Richard Wardner the Senate Majority leader. In basketball one day I was screwin around and a ball hit me in the back of the head (not sayin on purpose) and my glasses fell off and I stepped on em. Went home trying to hide the broken glasses and got asked what happened. Thought I might get a little sympathy, got a whack on the back of the head and the glasses flew off again and got told to quit screwin around.

Point, Mr. Wardner ended up being my favorite teacher and one that I consider one of the most influential teachers in my life.

But now I guess kids have "safe spaces" so maybe those kinds of teachers are not needed.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was (and largely continue to be) a complete horses ass from 2nd grade through HS graduation. The poster child for ADHD, but a selfish little prick on top of that. I was not a good kid. Fortunately, my parents had the good sense to surround me with people who wouldn't put up with my shit, a decision which successfully kept me out of prison. And dreadlocks.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know Jim, never heard of him. From what I have read I suspect he is a victim of the PC culture that has arived in ND. I could be wrong, but it appears our educators are walking on egg shells like the rest of the country. At least he didn't kiss any arse so good for him. Our whole education system needs an overhaul, best way to do that is privatize it and remove the government, what a corrupt disfunctionable system we have across the board when it comes to "education"

I don't agree. I think that the best solution would be to close the federal Department of Education, let the states keep the money in their local communities that funds the department and return education to the local school boards as it was from 1776 until "peanut head" signed the Department of Education into law in 1979!

Steve.

scooter7

Founding Member
Founding Member
too bad this is happening to Jonas. I never had him as far as a teacher, but as a coach he was a good guy.

sd fisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a hell of lot tougher teachers than my kids have now a days, but if the story is accurate and he really demeaned someone with "mental issues" in front of the class he is getting what he deserves. He kind of sounds like a grade school bully who never grew up. Even in the "good old days" that would not have been accepted.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
the problem with the school district is they punished the wrong person, punish the kids for being such pussies, good thing most of his students arent 18 or Bernie would be getting more votes...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, making fun of tards in front of the entire class is uncool.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mom drilled that into my head EARLY

thus I was a rabid defender of the less fortunate kids when I saw the least bit of taunting

I agree, and maintain this to this day. Might look suspect with my lack of PC when I type, but that is more for a funny factor, not to demean anyone. My sister is a tard...haha:;:. Really isn't funny but just cant help myself sometimes.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is wrong with parents. They are creating a bunch of pansy asses. If my kids came home complaining the teacher was mean, I told them tough shit, it's gonna get a lot worse when you hit the real world. This is what happens when liberals run the school system.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
90% of ADD could be solved if parents would stop feeding their kids so damn much sugar.

- - - Updated - - -

Also think I would be making a lot more money in my adult life if I would have received a few more participation ribbons.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Teachers can be bullies also... I have had personal experience with a teacher bulling my child and it is very difficult to get administration to address. If this guy is being shown the door, it would have to be because of ongoing behavior and probably reports being filed by multiple individuals. I dont know this guy personally, but Im sure he was given plenty of chances to change before being pushed out.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a hell of lot tougher teachers than my kids have now a days, but if the story is accurate and he really demeaned someone with "mental issues" in front of the class he is getting what he deserves. He kind of sounds like a grade school bully who never grew up. Even in the "good old days" that would not have been accepted.

I have been teaching for 15 years, I kinda agree with you. He's calling kids stupid, demeaning kids, and just being a general douche I am glad he is gone. Maybe he isn't the guy he is portrayed as in the media but if he is he needs to retire.

Maybe its just me but whats the deal with calling kids pussies, pansies, stupid, and other names? I dont get it. How does that help someone become a man/woman? Don't things like teaching them to have good relationships with others, compassion, empathy, loving your family, being a gentleman, etc... teach children much more than demeaning them in front of others?

I was that dominating yelling screaming teacher when I 1st started and I was the easily the poorest, least respected teacher in the school. I quickly learned being a good example of leadership, showing compassion, and just treating kids like human beings goes long ways. Pretty cool when someone you taught 5 or 10 years ago tells you he wouldn't be where he or she is today without your help. I guess thats just me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28