Order a new truck lately?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am hoping my 2012 F250 last me another 10 years, at only 1,500 miles a year of use, it sure should
I suspect you’ll be OK, I’m knocking on the door of 230K w/my ‘11.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
70000 on my 05 250 super duty. Dont get much over 2000 miles per year on her now. Tires about rot off before they wear down and there is new feet on it now. Kelly Blue book can go to hell on what its worth. LB

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
2004 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 6 speed manual 4 door long box. 165,000 now bought in 2006 with 47,000 for $25,000

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
And wut did they give ya on trade. Don't be bashful.....lol
Showed me the Kelly and JD Power and high trade was $10,300
No go, did $14,200 and kept $2500 worth of wheels and tires for resale.
Yep could got more outright. Don't like going thru the bullshit of somebody telling you they'll come to look at and never show or call, or want it for a dime.
Needed to let go quick, was sick of diesel prices.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Showed me the Kelly and JD Power and high trade was $10,300
No go, did $14,200 and kept $2500 worth of wheels and tires for resale.
Yep could got more outright. Don't like going thru the bullshit of somebody telling you they'll come to look at and never show or call, or want it for a dime.
Needed to let go quick, was sick of diesel prices.
As a life long salesman, its nice to see a fella realize how much crap there is in selling to the general public.
There is a purpose for this line of work, and it is to take the abuse no one else is looking to take, especially if there is ever a problem with what you sold them, amazing how many people buy a used whatever and think it should be warrantied, and in perfect condition, suddenly an issue arises and its that sonsabitches fault that sold it to me...

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
truck.JPG

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've taken a beating on the last couple trades for the sole reason that I didn't want to hear three years and 40,000 miles down the road from the guy who bought it that "I sold him a lemon" when something went wrong. Have done that enough times to realize sometimes it's not worth it.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a solid beating on my last deal. We pretty much all do. It's the name of the game. Steal the trade.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, that's always how shit works for me at an auction, someone wants it more than I do. :mad:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My area vehicle sales,pickens are slim,dealers are not discounting, high demand vehicles,(trucks,suv's) sale price over sticker, extra charge for no trade ,extra charge for not financing, very little cash from factory incentives. Bad time to purchase new or used right now.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
My area vehicle sales,pickens are slim,dealers are not discounting, high demand vehicles,(trucks,suv's) sale price over sticker, extra charge for no trade ,extra charge for not financing, very little cash from factory incentives. Bad time to purchase new or used right now.
Yeah there was no dealing earlier this month on a certified pre-owned 2022 Honda CRV I bought for the wife to drive. They sure didn't seem happy I wasn't willing to finance with them, I went with my Credit Union who I have always done business with and have been very happy over the years. On paper Corwin had cheaper interest rates that I could get in on than my Credit Union but the math didn't add up how they were getting there, I got a theory because my company is running a stellar program. In the end I took a couple percent higher knowing there isn't anything hidden and I got it set up that more than likely I will have it paid off early anyways, I have a history of getting my loans paid off early on almost everything I have done.
Pre-Covid I normally was making out pretty good on my trades (this time we had no trade). At the end of the day I walked out writing the check I wanted to whether they gave me what I wanted on trade or more or dropped the vehicle I was purchasing, Credit Union gal would usually ask me how I was able to pull it off maybe I was just lucky. Times sure have changed

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just agreed today to buy a 2021 F250 (thanks @SDMF for talking me into it, I think). I was thinking of buying new, but this one's almost $30k less than new and with only 33k miles on it.

I do need to whip out the heat gun and razor blade though, the damn thing came out of Wisconsin and I don't need any flat tires at the ramp this spring.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You’re gonna love the 6.7L. Snappy like Gas motor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84