OZONICS....Is it worth it???

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering from the guys that have them if they are glad they bought it and if they seem to benefit from using them??
Thanks

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bowhunter,
I don't have one but my brother has had his for probably about 4 years. He swears by his unit. Not even sure what he has but he loves it. Hope this helps. (He hunts out of a blind and uses it hanging towards the window.)

Fish On!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting season must be closing in on us. A lot of bowhunting talk!

i read through all those links. A lot of varied opinions.

Ive never used an ozonics. I've considered buying one. I would play the wind everytime. My curiosity peaks when I think of dead calm conditions and or slightly swirling winds. And even if u play the wind u still always have instances of deer walking directly under your stand or circling down wind

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one, still play the wind, no doubt. Where it shines is fooling that pesky doe downwind, swirling winds, calm days, and marginal winds. Worth the money IMHO.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I cannot not speak from personal experience but I know a couple of really experienced guys that are on their second year using Ozonics for bear hunting. They were both skeptical and now absolutely swear by them. They have had numerous bears come in down wind including several old grizzlies; something that never happened before Ozonics. Took one grizz last year from the ground blind at 18 yards that was down wind and another this year from a tree that was a similar distance. That was enough to convince me to buy one and stop playing the wind game.

Take it for what it's worth, but I've hunted both species extensively and found bears to be WAAAAAY more sensitive to smells than deer. Hopefully I can share some personal experience from a ground blind this fall. Please report back how it works out if you buy one!

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never used one but my opinion as far a ozonics, scent eliminating clothing and sprays is....You might be able to fool a young deers nose with them but I don't think a person can fool a mature does/bucks nose. With that being said all that stuff definitely doesn't hurt a guy but I just don't think a person can fool a mature deers nose.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting u say that about bears. That was another reason I considered buying one. U never know where they come from.

The young/mature deer argument is probably a good one. But if u can keep young deer from blowing out of there and alerting every other deer in the woods it would be a win.

Im playing devils advocate by the way. I have not been convinced or I would own one.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the college chemist in me finds this interesting. i know nothing about them. so, maybe this is a stupid question. but, don't they produce ozone? if so, isn't that potentially harmful to you and doesn't ozone have a pretty distinct odor itself?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
d7fd6a9d-a9b8-4900-bcef-3ec1e422342b

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/ozone-generators-are-sold-air-cleaners

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have instruments that generate ozone

I loathe that crap. Ruins stuff that is in the room with them (o-rings, rubber bumpers, yadda)

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using them for years. They absolutely work.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of my buddies has one and he swears it makes a difference at times, mostly the odd conditions like stated before in a stand or in the blind. He also will leave it on in his sent free box with his clothes to help with sent control for the next hunt.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was extremely skeptical about them. I borrowed one from a buddy and used it before I dropped $500 on one. I had deer coming in down-wind of me and I was sold. Do they work 100% of the time on every single deer that comes in, no. But I've had 15 deer in front of me at under 20yds and you'll get one that gets a little alert and bolt out of there, and the others just keep on doing their thing. Then the dumb doe will come back and be fine. I've watched countless deer licking their nose and sniffing, but 9 out of 10 times they aren't bothered. They can tell something is a little off, but not enough to start stomping and throwing a shit fit.

I use mine in the tree-stand and in the blind. It's to the point to where I won't leave the house without it in my pack. I would recommend them to anyone who archery hunts. Besides the bow, its the 2nd most important tool I have for archery equipment.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the responses, I was mainly trying to get an idea from guys/gals that have actually personal experience in the field. Seems like everyone that have them seem to say they work.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just deploy a lazer guided gutnskin bomb from a remote drone you drive from your easy chair while watching football and WHAMO......you can call your guide and give him the GPS numbers to go pick up the gutted and naked deer to take to the locker plant where it'll be processed, packaged, flash frozen, and shipped to your door while you pay with your credit card using your smart phone whilst monitoring your meats progress to your door where it will be carried directly to your freezer for a nominal cash fee. Easy Peasy!!

Nodakker

My buddy swears by it, he still gets winded if he doesn't play the wind right while using it, so I'm not sure which side of the fence to stand on. If you can afford it, go ahead and buy one. If you play the wind right on your hunts, not needed in my opinion.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33