Peacock Bass: Fort Myers, FL

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are you staying? Is this a rental house boat? PM me some info, we are headed down to that area for a week shortly too and was looking into something different to do / stay.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went through Air bnb but the wife found it and reserved it. My credit card was the only part of me that booked anything.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I volunteer JayKay to take care of Wrigley. He has plenty of room in his house.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will also be heading to Florida here soon for a week. Flying into Orlando and renting a car. Going to spend a couple days at Daytona Beach, then a couple days at Clearwater and from there I have no clue. Any good suggestions on what to do or where to eat?

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
When in Clearwater make sure you head south to Indian Shores and eat at Wahoo's. Kinda a dive but their seafood is the best I had around there.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the house boat I would get a cheap ugly stick and and heavier rod. Get some shrimp and you'll most likely keep yourself busy catching at least sheapshead. Throw the little guys on the bigger rod and who knows what youll catch. I did this with the locals in Venice so I'm assuming it's legal. If you want to do this in the surf. Gets some balloons. Rig them with a hook under them so they can float out a couple hundred yards. Set the hook so the balloon pops and you have your bait fish on the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

And since I'm sure your feeling a lack of options on the fishing at this point. I havnt done it but was shown a few streams that are popular for Snook. This is my #1 goal to try next trip.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will also be heading to Florida here soon for a week. Flying into Orlando and renting a car. Going to spend a couple days at Daytona Beach, then a couple days at Clearwater and from there I have no clue. Any good suggestions on what to do or where to eat?
There is a trolly that runs the entire length of the barrier islands from clear water to St Pete pay once ride all day there are trolley stops every couple blocks and they come by every 10 minutes or so going each direction. Lots of places to eat at Clearwater Beach area. We tried this place http://seabreezeislandgrill.com/ while there a bit over a year ago and it was awesome, would recommend it. It is in Redington Beach right smack between clear water and St pete. I would stay away from Clear water beach unless you like being stacked up like sardines, tons and tons of people. the beaches are wide open and less crowded further south like the Redington area.

Wife and I love Sanibel Island its one of our favorite stops whenever we go down there. Very quiet and laid back there at night no street lights and peaceful.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84