Perch Bite?

fish4fun

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread is hilarious! The guy named ND_ice_angler is asking for tips. SMH I think I will start one asking what to do 4 fun!

Go have an adventure...save the shortcuts for the barber shop.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can understand your frustration to a point but in my experience if you go looking for a good pike bite you'll get loads of info, if you go looking for an walleye frenzy the info will still come albeit a little slower. Now a hot perch bite on the other hand probably isn't going to happen. If you do get info on a hot perch bite there is a good chance you'll wind up chasing a bite that's been happening for a month or maybe 2 and has probably gotten hit hard. My advice would be to take the advice in the beginning of the thread. There is some good info there.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my fondest memories of a great perch bite happened about a million years ago. I was living in Thief River Falls, Mn at the time and a few of us decided to go on a roadie to a small lake about 30 miles away and drink schnapps and beer and maybe catch a few fish in the process. We had no vexilars ..heck..not sure if they were invented yet! We didn't even have a gas auger...good ole hard work from a trusty hand auger. To tell you the truth..from what I recall, we didn't even have fancy pantsy fishing rigs..friggen sticks with a sharp point to stick in the ice..come on guys..you remember those, correct? It was a drinking excursion first and foremost and if we catch fish..even better.
We happened upon this small lake, saw some people fishing so we decided that this would be our drinking spot for the next few hours. Did we know the lake? nope. Did we know where to go? nope. Drove out to the far end of the lake about 100 yards from shore and shut the truck down and started drilling some holes. With our trusty lead weight for a depth finder, we surmised the depth to be about 7 feet.
Holy Hannah folks! As soon as we put our lines down the perch started attacking. Didn't have time to use more than one pole. It was like they hadn't eaten in a year. It was a friggen perch catching frenzy for like 2 hours straight, barely had time to take a chug of schnapps! Soon one pickle bucket was full, then another and finally a third. I do not recall the perch limit if there was one back in the day but we had a bunch of them.We weren't the type of fellas that would keep more that what was legal. Yeah yeah yeah.. I know I will hear it from some that we wrecked it for others...anyyyyyyywayyyyyyyy.. we were having a blast. When it came time to leave we packed everything up and started heading off the lake full of fish and schnapps. As we were leaving the lake we came upon a guy and his family fishing and stopped to ask how they were doing. Not so good was his response. What??? really?? we were hammering the heck out of them. We decided to be good Samaritans to that family and asked if they would like some perch. YESSS...that sure would be nice of you fellas. So we gave them one pickle bucket of perch...told him he could even keep the bucket. hahaha (deep down I don't think it was so much as good Samaritans as it was that none of us wanted to clean that many!!) haha
I have had some decent times on Devils through the years as well but this one is my most memorable!!
The End.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread is hilarious! The guy named ND_ice_angler is asking for tips. SMH I think I will start one asking what to do 4 fun!

Go have an adventure...save the shortcuts for the barber shop.

Go for it! It will fit in nicely with all the other stupid forums and comments that have more to do with finding something on the Internet than fishing. This site is a joke. Perhaps you need to research why this site was created...hmm maybe to share fishing reports because FBO did everything but that. I hadn't realized society had gotten this dumb....boy, was I wrong!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the best way to find a good jumbo lake is to go on Google maps and look for bigger deeper potholes that have water feed into them or out of them to know perch lakes. Most lakes in the potholes will only have a good perch fishery for a year or so a couple years after it got its first perch. After that the jumbos will be fished out and the perch numbers will get to high and they will stunt out and the game and fish will generally stoke eyes in to eat the little perch.

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather see 75+ Nodaks on my local/fav lake. Rather then 3-7 Sconis everyday for the hard-water season.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go for it! It will fit in nicely with all the other stupid forums and comments that have more to do with finding something on the Internet than fishing. This site is a joke. Perhaps you need to research why this site was created...hmm maybe to share fishing reports because FBO did everything but that. I hadn't realized society had gotten this dumb....boy, was I wrong!

:;:howdy

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my fondest memories of a great perch bite happened about a million years ago. I was living in Thief River Falls, Mn at the time and a few of us decided to go on a roadie to a small lake about 30 miles away and drink schnapps and beer and maybe catch a few fish in the process. We had no vexilars ..heck..not sure if they were invented yet! We didn't even have a gas auger...good ole hard work from a trusty hand auger. To tell you the truth..from what I recall, we didn't even have fancy pantsy fishing rigs..friggen sticks with a sharp point to stick in the ice..come on guys..you remember those, correct? It was a drinking excursion first and foremost and if we catch fish..even better.
We happened upon this small lake, saw some people fishing so we decided that this would be our drinking spot for the next few hours. Did we know the lake? nope. Did we know where to go? nope. Drove out to the far end of the lake about 100 yards from shore and shut the truck down and started drilling some holes. With our trusty lead weight for a depth finder, we surmised the depth to be about 7 feet.
Holy Hannah folks! As soon as we put our lines down the perch started attacking. Didn't have time to use more than one pole. It was like they hadn't eaten in a year. It was a friggen perch catching frenzy for like 2 hours straight, barely had time to take a chug of schnapps! Soon one pickle bucket was full, then another and finally a third. I do not recall the perch limit if there was one back in the day but we had a bunch of them.We weren't the type of fellas that would keep more that what was legal. Yeah yeah yeah.. I know I will hear it from some that we wrecked it for others...anyyyyyyywayyyyyyyy.. we were having a blast. When it came time to leave we packed everything up and started heading off the lake full of fish and schnapps. As we were leaving the lake we came upon a guy and his family fishing and stopped to ask how they were doing. Not so good was his response. What??? really?? we were hammering the heck out of them. We decided to be good Samaritans to that family and asked if they would like some perch. YESSS...that sure would be nice of you fellas. So we gave them one pickle bucket of perch...told him he could even keep the bucket. hahaha (deep down I don't think it was so much as good Samaritans as it was that none of us wanted to clean that many!!) haha
I have had some decent times on Devils through the years as well but this one is my most memorable!!
The End.
3Roosters tells a real good story full of great memories of so long ago, oh how I miss the ole days when you could actually get away with adventure of the one that got away. I would be like a one armed man showing how big the ONE that got away. Great story :;:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

This guy had to of moved from other state where advice was given out without earning it, you realize you are on a site with 97% of the members of conservative values. Where we work for what we have no handouts here buddy. When you ask directions do you tell him or her to hop in and take you there? There is nothing wrong with the advice that you have received other than the fact you must of moved from out of state. Merry Christmas

Last edited:

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
3Roosters tells a real good story full of great memories of so long ago, oh how I miss the ole days when you could actually get away with adventure of the one that got away. I would be like a one armed man showing how big the ONE that got away. Great story :;:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

This guy had to of moved from other state where advice was given out without earning it, you realize you are on a site with 97% of the members of conservative values. Where we work for what we have no handouts here buddy. When you ask directions do you tell him or her to hop in and take you there? There is nothing wrong with the advice that you have received other than the fact you must of moved from out of state. Merry Christmas

Perhaps my initial thread comment was worded incorrectly or maybe it's just other people can't quite read a full paragraph. Born and raised in ND buddy and NOT looking for handouts. Looking for fishing reports (not hearsay) on a website that is based upon fishing reports and discussion. What a fucking concept that must be?!? I have received advice and appreciate it, much of what I've already known...but not one fishing report...perhaps people need to heed their own advice and take off their armchair biologist lab coats get out from behind their computers and strap on their fishing boots! From what I can see here, that is lacking. Merry Christmas to you too pal! :;:imwithstupid

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me get this straight ND ice angler... looks like you just joined this site in December. You don't get the answers you want to hear and thus start bashing the site and people on it. Quite the first impression! With that attitude don't be surprised if you get any tips at all.
I mean...what do you think the answer to your perch bite question would be if you walked into a diner or bar or whatever...and it was full of folks you didn't know...and you announce that you want them to tell you where the perch bite is. Kinda arrogant don't you think? Don't you think a better alternative would be to get to know them? If you don't think that is a better approach, well then..you probably think you are King.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perhaps my initial thread comment was worded incorrectly or maybe it's just other people can't quite read a full paragraph. Born and raised in ND buddy and NOT looking for handouts. Looking for fishing reports (not hearsay) on a website that is based upon fishing reports and discussion. What a fucking concept that must be?!? I have received advice and appreciate it, much of what I've already known...but not one fishing report...perhaps people need to heed their own advice and take off their armchair biologist lab coats get out from behind their computers and strap on their fishing boots! From what I can see here, that is lacking. Merry Christmas to you too pal! :;:imwithstupid

Or perhaps you could click the tab that says "fishing reports" now there's a concept!

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm done. That was fun! At least Stirring the pot got a lot of folks talking! Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Merry Christmas Good luck in your endeavors and if you want to share your success with NDA we love a good story as well as pictures. :;:cheers

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
With an attitude like that, hope the door hits you in the ass on the way out.:;:howdy

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
With an attitude like that, hope the door hits you in the ass on the way out.:;:howdy

;:;funnypost Glad you like my "Richard Sherman approach" to publicity. As you had stated in one of your forum posts to another member, don't judge me if you don't know me, pal. God bless.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never liked being called Pal
it sounds like something a New Yorker would say

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8