Pheasant disease?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
image.jpg

Debating throwing this bird away. The stuff in the meat is the same color as pheasant but I've never seen a pheasant with fat marbled into the breast meat. Anyone ever see anything like this before?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That meat is fine. I dont see anything to worry about.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wounded and fat filled in when it healed?

- - - Updated - - -

Cuts from sparring with another cock?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what it looks like to me E. I'm a squeamish sort so this would probably be dog treats.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else notice on first glance this looks like a Christmas pic? These birds are beyond beautiful to me as are wild trout.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what that is. Man for me its when in doubt throw it out. It's probably nothing to worry about but its definitely not something worth risking it for!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not quite sure what that could be. Looks like shit but probably will eat just fine. I don't think I could eat it.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is probably what it is.

Infectious Process/Inflammatory Process, commonly known as IP, is a form of cellulitis in whichinflammation occurs between the skin and muscle tissue. Before IP can be controlled, it isimportant to understand the underlying factors that contribute to the condition. One commonfactor among IP incidents is injury to the skin. The skin is the first line of defense againstbacterial infections. It is generally accepted that most cases of IP are a result of a scratch orother injury that produces a skin tear allowing bacterial infections to form.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like rice breast. (Sarcocystis) A parasite common in waterfowl but can be found in upland birds as well.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alrighty then. Its sitting in the fridge at home but I think I better discard it. A shame. Hate to throw meat away.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if nothing else, cook it real good and give it to your furry friend that found it and retrieved it for you.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are worried about eating it without knowing what it is why would you give it to your dog ?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any animal that acts, looks, feels, or smells (inside or out) wrong doesn't get eaten in my house. As an example, I wouldn't shoot and eat a deer that is walking in circles out it a field and is unaware of anything going on around it. Another example, a fish fillet that feels "grainy" instead of clear and firm doesn't make it to the table. That's just how I deal with this type of thing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84