Pheasant numbers?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to try to get the dogs and 12yr old daughter out, took them out Sunday evening and ended up doing a walk for some sharpies and kicked up 10 with no shots for her. I wasn't planning to do it otherwise I would have brought a gun but it worked out good to so she can learn how fast things go, how the dogs work and I got to just sit back and pay attention to everything happening.
I know where a bunch of roosters are but won't really get around to hunting them because where they are is a recipe for loosing a downed bird in the cattails, will have to try to catch them in the tree belts or a couple other spots.
Not really sure if the numbers are all that great in my area but I am sure they are still way down and the local PLOTS near me are going to get hammered for a week or two again. Trying to find a place to get the kiddo out that isn't a tangled mess is looking to be a challenge

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s crazy the difference a couple miles south of the border makes!! I agree with Kurt, go down there. 😬

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s crazy the difference a couple miles south of the border makes!! I agree with Kurt, go down there. 😬
Way more ducks and geese up there so every one should go north to shoot them. All our water is gone

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25