Squirrel went Beserk

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbors Chevy Colorado just about 2 full pails of pine cones under the hood.

Attachments

IMG_20241007_123914982.JPG IMG_20241007_123928209_HDR.JPG IMG_20241007_130245376_HDR.JPG

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They've fallen out of favor even in the Hills: Shame because they have a very clean diet and very white meat. They should be treated as a deer not a bird and shot in the head (or front shoulder 😐): VERY IMPORTANT

I know: OUT THERE: I wish Hornady would develop a .17/.22 etc bullet which loses "lethality" @100ish yds and a gun company would develop suitable "bird guns" to honor Annie Oakley: I'm guessing they'd have to be smooth bore...anyways, it would be at least as effective as any .410 stunt. IMHO

Errant shot though the bladder and shit tubes results in "gamey" meat: Gut your birds ASAP IMO: The Brits have a different opinion. It's gross.

Soak the meat in mild saltwater overnight then treat like chicken or pork.

It's curious how "y'all" eat purple fish-assed goose meat/sharptail and consider squirrell, cottontail, northern pike and channel cat trash: Also; LMB: It's all about the care and preparation: Don't shit on bounty.

That is all.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
They've fallen out of favor even in the Hills: Shame because they have a very clean diet and very white meat. They should be treated as a deer not a bird and shot in the head (or front shoulder 😐): VERY IMPORTANT

I know: OUT THERE: I wish Hornady would develop a .17/.22 etc bullet which loses "lethality" @100ish yds and a gun company would develop suitable "bird guns" to honor Annie Oakley: I'm guessing they'd have to be smooth bore...anyways, it would be at least as effective as any .410 stunt. IMHO

Errant shot though the bladder and shit tubes results in "gamey" meat: Gut your birds ASAP IMO: The Brits have a different opinion. It's gross.

Soak the meat in mild saltwater overnight then treat like chicken or pork.

It's curious how "y'all" eat purple fish-assed goose meat/sharptail and consider squirrell, cottontail, northern pike and channel cat trash: Also; LMB: It's all about the care and preparation: Don't shit on bounty.

That is all.
I think I'm interpreting correctly.....catfish is my family's favorite - yes, I've done catch and cook countless times with crappie, perch, and walleye. They'd still say catfish is king. It comes down to how you care for it, clean it, and prep it. I keep bigger cats than most would say are "eaters" but by law I'm allowed one over 24" and I take advantage of that when keeping fish for the fryer. By the time you trim the fat and blood line it takes something more than a 24" fish to make it worth the harvest.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 21