Pheasant numbers?

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got back from Moose hunting in Alberta. And coming thru Saskatchewan, from just west of the Battlefords then east of Saskatoon the area was full of geese. I don't know why anyone would hunt North or South Dakota when the best Waterfowl hunting in North America is 800 miles away.
It’s obvious that our greedy Game and Fish want the $$$… can you imagine those non resident pukes up in Canada? They would be coming home minus shotguns, pickups, you name it. If they even let them out of jail.. Canada isn’t like ND and give them a $25 fine and call it good.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can have all the pheasants with only 3000 nr waterfowl license it’s a fair trade I can’t believe they keep letting them over run it up there
SD sold their soul to pheasants just like ND did to waterfowl. And paid pheasant hunting has f?$cked up hunting in SD way more than the NR influx of waterfowl hunters up there.

Good bird numbers in places of SD and SW ND in my travels. South central SD has better#’s than I’ve seen in a long time.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
SD sold their soul to pheasants just like ND did to waterfowl. And paid pheasant hunting has f?$cked up hunting in SD way more than the NR influx of waterfowl hunters up there.

Good bird numbers in places of SD and SW ND in my travels. South central SD has better#’s than I’ve seen in a long time.
I disagree the paid pheasant hunting hasn’t affected me the last 40 years I have been hunting here . No guides makes getting on to hunt waterfowl easy. Only time I get told no is when some one else has asked. That’s from the east to the river. Habitat isn’t free and residents aren’t making up the difference letting them have pheasants is worth it to me.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can have all the pheasants with only 3000 nr waterfowl license it’s a fair trade I can’t believe they keep letting them over run it up there
Ive all but quit hunting waterfowl. It’s a shit show up here. Even early season Canadas. Late season is about the only time I’ll go now. 15 years ago when a guy could go out and actually free lance with minimal competition for feeds…..back then was the hay days for ND. About 2000-2010 was the intersection of advanced waterfowl hunting technology and techniques mixed with abundant and simple access with abundant birds. Now the few times I go out any field that has birds is getting hunted the next day with straight billed llama headed youtubers

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s obvious that our greedy Game and Fish want the $$$… can you imagine those non resident pukes up in Canada? They would be coming home minus shotguns, pickups, you name it. If they even let them out of jail.. Canada isn’t like ND and give them a $25 fine and call it good.
Do you really believe that about nonresidents?? I have hunted waterfowl many times up there, and 75% of the people waterfowl hunting are nonresidents. And never once seen or heard of a issue

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 26