Photogs

toddy

I have about 3 years of pictures on my i-phone and would like to store them before I drop it in the lake. Anybody have any experience with any of the products that claim to store your pictures easily. "easily" being the key word. Photostick is a product I have seen advertised. Anybody have experience with these kinds of products?

NodakBob

Honored Member
I buy the cloud for 99 cents/month to provide backup...cause most of my phones get drowned every year or two. Then I also download the phone pics to my pc, and copy them over to a portable hard drive...that way I don't need to find an antique CD reader in the future...

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can also buy a large thumb drive that plugs into the bottom of IPhone, best to download to pc than get put on thumbdrive or external drive as above.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
CDs are going to be like vhs or cassettes in 5 years. Can hardly find a computer with a CD drive anymore. C’mon man!!

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Save to a PC and put on a couple thumb drives, one for the safety deposit box and one for at home. USB will always be compatible, at the very least with an adapter piece. CD disc drives may be harder to come by in a few years.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont trust much of anything so I like to copy to multiple places. I simply went to Walmart and purchased hmmmm I dont remember what they were called, but download to your computer first, then download to ----- maybe it was called photo book. Anyway I download to three of them and each has four terabytes.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like Bauer said, download, duplicate, store at multiple locations. Pictures are moments in time, once lost, lost forever.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
every fall i would buy a couple disposable 35 mm cameras and carry in my vest. I have those pictures, now i take pics with phone and dont have hard copies. i think the digital age really sucks.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
every fall i would buy a couple disposable 35 mm cameras and carry in my vest. I have those pictures, now i take pics with phone and dont have hard copies. i think the digital age really sucks.
You still have your pictures, you can upload them to walmart and have them printed in a couple hours for pennies each... Now you can take LITTERALLY thousands of pictures on your phone that are WAY better quality and have them within a few HOURS of your excursions for 1/10th the PRICE you paid back then and the digital age sucks... lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88