Pickup - I need one

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
New body Silverado 1500 hands down. Great mileage, good power with the 5.3, awesome power with the 6.2. Solid drive train big cab and super quiet.

- - - Updated - - -

if'n you're looking for a Silverado crew cab LT I could get you a great deal right now

Uggh this 20% deal does look good I don't need a new pick up yet was going to keep my current one for another year or two, but how good of a deal are talking on a crew cab lt z71??

You can pm me if you need to or want.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uggh this 20% deal does look good I don't need a new pick up yet was going to keep my current one for another year or two, but how good of a deal are talking on a crew cab lt z71??

There is always going to be deals. Don't get sucked into buying a new truck before you need one just because of a deal. I got almost 30% off a 2015 GMC holdover just 3 months ago!

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care much about brands, I like features. I owned a new 94 chev and a new 97 chev and recently bought a new 15 Ford. If you are considering multiple brands than just treat them all the same and just look at each truck and judge it on its own merit. List the features that you "have to have" and the ones that are "nice to have" and get the truck in your price range with the most "have to have"s. I would list things like: motor choice, color, split bench or console, reverse camera is a have to have if you pull a trailer, cloth or leather interior, rear window choice, interior color, running boards, 6.5 box, club or super cab, and a 100 other features.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in the market last fall for a slightly used truck. Had to be a crew cab with a 6.5' box. I was always a GM guy but I went with Ford. Cab is HUGE and finding a used gm crew with 6.5' box is almost impossible. Plus, chevys seem to sit so damn low. I have the 5.0 and really like it but mileage is not impressive.

JCNodak

Honored Member

No need to PM. I got a quote yesterday for a '16 LT Z71 for $34,999. I just looked online a bit ago at a '14 Used LTZ with 68,000 miles for $36k. Also worth mentioning is that you get two years of oil changes and tire rotations for free.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my pickup a few years back without a back up camera, they didn't have any on the lot at the time...what a mistake.

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
Owned a 2010 Tundra for 5 years, the truck did everything I asked of it with zero breakdowns or malfunctions. Sold it last year and bought a used F350, I have spent more time working on the thing then driving it I think. I've owned Chevys, Fords and Toyota's, its really hard to beat Toyota's reliability. If Toyota ever makes a 1 ton Diesel I will own one.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Toyota except that other pickups "ride better" and have more fluff. Think I'd prefer a Toyota but I'm afraid it'll cost me $5k more than a Ford of the same year and mileage. When you're cheap, $5k is a lot of money. Guess I'll wait for the right deal, either a Tundra or 5.0/Ecoburst Ford.

I appreciate the input and wouldn't mind more.

Redneck1

I own a 2015 Ram 1500, 5.7, 4x4,6.5 box,3.92 gear ratio, 8 speed tranny,quad cab. Got the heated seats, htd steering, back up camera,etc,etc. 11,000 miles, with no issues so far. I felt the Ram was the best overall value. I spent a sick amt of time comparing pickups,options,prices a yr ago n couldn't see paying the high price for the Ford,Chevy,Gmc,Toyota. The Ram is a solid smooth pickup.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I also like catching n eating northern pike.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've yet to hear anyone say anything negative about Toyota except that other pickups "ride better" and have more fluff. Think I'd prefer a Toyota but I'm afraid it'll cost me $5k more than a Ford of the same year and mileage. When you're cheap, $5k is a lot of money. Guess I'll wait for the right deal, either a Tundra or 5.0/Ecoburst Ford.

I appreciate the input and wouldn't mind more.
The quest for a low mileage used Tundra is an epic of one. ..need to check interweb daily. ..expand your search to small town MN dealers I scoured the world wide Web for several months before I found a 3 year old Tundra crew cab limited with less than 25k miles within reasonable driving distance. ..and not horribly expensive

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the Toyota has a smaller back seat than the Ford and possibly the Chevy, but this may not matter to you.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the Toyota has a smaller back seat than the Ford and possibly the Chevy, but this may not matter to you.

Yep…Ford and Chevy finally caught up with Tundra CrewMax … I want to say 2015…only 4-5 years late…however I believe Tundra is still wider…and often times that width comes in handy for us beer drink’in bacon easting fat -asses

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member

Just priced out a $48255 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew cab $10541 in discounts sale price $37714

- - - Updated - - -

There is always going to be deals. Don't get sucked into buying a new truck before you need one just because of a deal. I got almost 30% off a 2015 GMC holdover just 3 months ago!

Who the hell had a 2015 laying around? Was it an odd ball?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just priced out a $48255 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew cab $10541 in discounts sale price $37714

- - - Updated - - -

Who the hell had a 2015 laying around? Was it an odd ball?

There were actually a lot of them left over, mostly double cabs. Minot Ryan had like 15 of them still, Rydell had a bunch as well. I think GM pushed a bunch of the double cabs on them and then with the oil downturn they weren't selling. On Mar 1st, they added a bunch of incentives to get rid of them, and they went quickly after that. I had been watching trucks for 3 years and it was the best deals i had ever seen. 45k truck for 32k.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My distain for the dodge brand has very little to do with the actual pickup itself. I did own a Durango that was an absolute pile. But my dislike is primarily on the over cockiness of a friend and his son on how that brand is top shelf and anything I drive is junk, and I must be a retard for not owning a GD dodge myself.

Makes me want to punch that baby again

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were actually a lot of them left over, mostly double cabs. Minot Ryan had like 15 of them still, Rydell had a bunch as well. I think GM pushed a bunch of the double cabs on them and then with the oil downturn they weren't selling. On Mar 1st, they added a bunch of incentives to get rid of them, and they went quickly after that. I had been watching trucks for 3 years and it was the best deals i had ever seen. 45k truck for 32k.
I would like to stay local but after these conversations I started looking around yesterday and if you look at dealers in the cities a guy can pick up a 2016 crew cab LT Z71 for $32,775 to $38,500 depending on how fancy you want to get but a well equipped for less then 34500

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our last 2 diesels we bought in Bismarck and Mandan.
2013 dually was cheaper at Kupper Chevrolet.
2016 2500 was way cheaper at Puklich Chevyrolet.

We order every vehicle when we buy new. We want certain things on a vehicle so we order it and not going to pay extra for something we don't want and won't use. Our 16 duramax only took 28 days from order date to on the ground at Puklich. Sometimes they take nearly 2 months.

Last edited:

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the negatives about Nissan? I have talked to a few guys that have the Titan Pro 4X, and besides the shitty mpg, they like them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52