Pics of Your Fishing Chariot

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
20150609_211233.jpg
This is what I got. 79 alumicraft 14' with a 15hp evinrude. Might not be the prettiest but it floats.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a few pictures of my boat laying around my computer before it crashed. This is pretty much what it looks like. Once I get it back from the mechanic, I'll post another.

lund1650_02212013_091818.jpg
2001 Lund 1650V Rebel Tiller, 1989 Yamaha Pro50, 55lb minnkota on the bow, 40 lb minnkota on the transom, Humminbird 898. Like many have said, she floats, the motor sometimes works, and it gets me fishing every now and then. I'm getting to the point that a payment on a bigger/newer boat doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
i bought used boats twice ended up having all kinds of trouble, finally said screw it I'm buying brand new making a payment for 6 years was way better than fixing shit all the time or paying to get it fixed or chasing gremlins around in motors, wiring, etc. IMO if you are going to use it and enjoy doing it and want something bigger just do it. I've had my 1880 for 8 years next month best money i spent not only that right now they are selling for 10k less than i got into mine, almost makes me want to sell it and buy another new one, but the thing has been bulletproof. There is a piece of mind knowing that when you take care of stuff it tends to last a long time.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
i bought used boats twice ended up having all kinds of trouble, finally said screw it I'm buying brand new making a payment for 6 years was way better than fixing shit all the time or paying to get it fixed or chasing gremlins around in motors, wiring, etc. IMO if you are going to use it and enjoy doing it and want something bigger just do it. I've had my 1880 for 8 years next month best money i spent not only that right now they are selling for 10k less than i got into mine, almost makes me want to sell it and buy another new one, but the thing has been bulletproof. There is a piece of mind knowing that when you take care of stuff it tends to last a long time.

Very true words there !! I find that TIME is my most valuable commodity and I could be fishing or ???

Well I choose fishing.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used EFI 4-stroke motors don't scare me. About the only thing that can be an issue with them is cruddy fuel which is easily remedied with a new filter, some fresh fuel, and your favorite fuel treatment. Perhaps one might require a siphon for really bad gas but that's pretty simple too. Gremlins don't scare me much either so long as there is reasonable access to the potential problems. 12V gremlins are actually REALLY easy to fix. You buy 100' spools of red and black wires and string, fuse, and label new wires anytime that the problem isn't initially fixed by cleaning up terminals and replacing a fuse or switch. The bigger issue for me is when one is required to hire a team of Romanian Contortionists to get at the offensive gremlin. Buried pumps, valves, and fuse panels piss me off.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll get a picture of my 14 ranger soon as i clean it up... looks almost as bad as the muddin boat... i went fishing with 701fishslayer and that cured me of having an old boat... the S.O.S. Stranded broke down 4 of the 4 times i went with him... 3 hour trip from mallard island back to centennial with just the trolling motor was pretty awful... so was just drifting aimlessly for 3-4 hours... i like to drift with purpose ;)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which one should I take a picture of? I own 4 at the moment, but does some young and skinny guy want to buy a 10 foot Lowe duck boat? It's about 7 years old and has been used about 20 times. Been stored inside.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats a great little motor on that boat.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to kickemup 84s motor. Those old 2 strokes are nice and lightweight.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, there are some nice boats on here. I would love a glass boat some day but just can't believe the prices of these new boats. I got lucky and bought mine directly from a bank in November several years ago. They wanted nothing to do with storing it for the winter. I'm pretty sure I could sell it today what I paid for it then I got such a deal.

DSC_0068.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
glass boats cost too much for me 2. I will stick with my old aluminums.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69