https://www.backcountryhunters.org/north_dakota_bha_podcast_episode_8

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8198.png

IMG_8199.jpeg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1723133603528.png

See nature's perfect culling tool in red. Only CWD infected deer are killed by CWD. Amazing!

100% of the deer with genetics that prevent them from contracting CWD survive to pass on those traits/genes to their offspring. Long term, that is what will be nature's fix for this.

You know what screws that up? Indiscriminate culling using sharpshooters.

BrockW

Established Member
1723133603528.png

See nature's perfect culling tool in red. Only CWD infected deer are killed by CWD. Amazing! 100% of the deer with genetics that prevent them from contracting CWD survive to pass on those traits/genes to their offspring.
There is no such thing as “genetics that prevent them from contracting CWD”

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no such thing as “genetics that prevent them from contracting CWD”
Oops. I forgot, you've got it all figured out, being that you're the smartest guy in the room and all. Maybe I should have said "dramatically lessen the speed at which they succumb to it" or some other phrase that you'd have a harder time dismissing or laughing at - like a jerk.

Last edited:

BrockW

Established Member
Oops. I forgot, you've got it all figured out, being that you're the smartest guy in the room and all. Maybe I should have said "dramatically lessen the speed at which they succumb to it" or some other phrase that you'd have a harder time dismissing or laughing at - like a jerk.
Don’t get it twisted, this has nothing to do with me or what I know or don’t know.

I’m simply sharing facts and verifiable information from veterinarians and researchers. I recommend listening to the podcast episode…. And there’s more to come, so stay tuned!

But no worries!
IMG_8208.gif

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t get it twisted, this has nothing to do with me or what I know or don’t know.

I’m simply sharing facts and verifiable information from veterinarians and researchers. I recommend listening to the podcast episode…. And there’s more to come, so stay tuned!

But no worries!
IMG_8208.gif
1723148313605.png

meh... I know your type. Laugh at my replies all you want.

That won't change the fact that natural selection is hard at work - while your facts and verifiable information from the experts is doing NOTHING to make a difference.

BrockW

Established Member
1723148313605.png

meh... I know your type. Laugh at my replies all you want.

That won't change the fact that natural selection is hard at work - while your facts and verifiable information from the experts is doing NOTHING to make a difference.
Haha. It’s not my fault it was funny.

Some of you guys (maybe not you specifically) will literally believe anything but actual evidence and facts.

Some of you openly admit it, and it’s not a sign of logical or rational thinking. In fact, it’s just the opposite. And yes, a lot of us think that is funny….though, in kind of concerning way.

IMG_8207.jpeg

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
To state that genetics don't play a role is simply not factual.

Why would Brock be motivated to do this?

Brock is using the exact same "the experts say" and "you're a moron if you don't believe the experts" malarkey they did with COVID to silence critics.

I get the feeling Brock is here to run down anybody who questions CWD policies. He's sure as heck isn't here to have an honest discussion.

BrockW

Established Member
To state that genetics don't play a role is simply not factual.
Where did I say that? Genetics does play a role, absolutely. Just not the role you and others claim it does.

This statement:
100% of the deer with genetics that prevent them from contracting CWD survive to pass on those traits/genes to their offspring.
Is rooted in the false premise that there is a genotype with a 100% protective allele. That is simply not the case. No allele or combination of alleles has been found to provide 100% protection to date, and I believe hundreds of thousands of genetic combinations have been checked.

So your statement insinuating that natural selection will solve this problem, is categorically false.

What would motivate you to make a false statement like that?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look at these morons, investigating the role genetics play in CWD in WTD.

https://academic.oup.com/g3journal/article/12/7/jkac109/6583187

Haven't they heard that genetics don't play a role in CWD disease progression / death and thus natural selection is useless against this scary deer zombie disease?
(insert scary dead deer pic here for fear based motivation)

BrockW

Established Member
Look at these morons, investigating the role genetics play in CWD in WTD.

https://academic.oup.com/g3journal/article/12/7/jkac109/6583187

Haven't they heard that genetics don't play a role in CWD disease progression / death and thus natural selection is useless against this scary deer zombie disease?
(insert scary dead deer pic here for fear based motivation)
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0017450

https://meridian.allenpress.com/jwd...ical-Chronic-Wasting-Disease-in-PRNP-Genotype

https://academic.oup.com/g3journal/article/12/7/jkac109/6583187?login=false

You may also find it interesting to know that Dr. Seabury himself, has publicly stated that his breeding program will not work in wild deer because you have no control over breeding (go figure).

Additionally, Dr. Justin Greenlee informed me that Dr. Seabury refuses to submit his subject deer to inoculation studies. Why?

Do you know how much money Dr. Seabury makes from every deer submitted to his breeding program for genetic evaluation?

They’ve also been able to isolate new strains of prions from these same “less susceptible” genotypes.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-59819-1#:~:text=These results suggest that the,the L132 PrPSc conformation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5572867/

Like I said, none of this insinuates what you think it does…or should I say… what you want it to.

Last edited:

BrockW

Established Member
Yup Brock is the one who won't discuss things.. good Lord
Thank you for pointing out what I am alluding to. That is precisely why I am here, to openly discuss this issue. The alternative is conspiracy theories running wild like a prairie fire.

Unlike Dusty and Fritz, and those behind the CWD Facebook page, I am not here to block anybody who disagrees with me or prevent them from participating in the discussion. I welcome the discussion, because I know I have the truth and facts on my side.

But I can understand the confusion and the frustration from hunters. I can understand the fear based reactions, and the comfort a conspiracy brings in a situation with so many complexities.

Truth be told, I wish Dusty and those FB page people were right. I wish we could cure it by supplemental feeding. I wish one of the many claims they’ve made were true in the context they’ve stated it to be. Because that would mean there was a solution to this problem and right now we don’t have a solution, and that sucks. But that’s also reality.

So, I continue to take the stance that supporting the good folks at the Game and fish, and trying to do our part as hunters and conservationists, is without a shadow of a doubt our best option. No matter how hard or uncertain the future is.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
1723157521533.png

The man in the orange shirt and black cowboy hat is Shawn Schafer, Turtle Lake North Dakota. He is also the executive director of the national deer grower's association. He has had some success in getting money for CWD research. (The cooperative Agreement) He is a true believer in DNA/genomes research. He was approached by wildlife agencies saying, "you help us get our money for monitoring, we will help you get your money for research."

Now you know how/why Senator John Hoeven got involved with the Research and Management Act for $420 million December 22nd, 2022. To date, it has not been funded.

Listening to Brock and Jenn Ballard, they don't believe Shawn Schafers/Dr. Seabury's DNA/genomes theory has any merit. (Dr. Seabury using condones bred scrapie out of sheep. Sort of)

It isn't just Jenn Ballard, there is a few of these talking heads "experts" who conveniently show up. If these wildlife personnel didn't believe in Shawn Schafer/Dr. Seabury's research, then why did they ask Shawn to partner with them to drag their millions in monitoring over the finish line?

I've said it before, my apologies to sportsmen for all the new CWD rules and regulations coming.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://meridian.allenpress.com/jwd...ical-Chronic-Wasting-Disease-in-PRNP-Genotype
I read this study but I'm confused about the environment of the paddock which doest tell me if this areas soil was 100 percent infected with prions.

Was the infected soil brought in to the paddock area or was this controlled area consisting of a natural existing environment to house these deer.

The food was of high quality and if so was the food tested for prions before being given to the deer?
Was a one deer infected intentionally and allowed to infect the remaining deer or was the prions in the environment the only way the deer were able to be infected?
Was the researchers able to witness by video when one infected deer was able to infect another deer by contact?
Or were all the deer who were in this controlled environment paddock infected by prions in the soils?
This study is very vague when it comes down to the smoking gun HOW WERE THE PRIONS ABLE TO INFECT THESE DEER IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.
perhaps Brock can tell us what this peer review is lacking in context

BrockW

Established Member
1723157521533.png

The man in the orange shirt and black cowboy hat is Shawn Schafer, Turtle Lake North Dakota. He is also the executive director of the national deer grower's association. He has had some success in getting money for CWD research. (The cooperative Agreement) He is a true believer in DNA/genomes research. He was approached by wildlife agencies saying, "you help us get our money for monitoring, we will help you get your money for research."

Now you know how/why Senator John Hoeven got involved with the Research and Management Act for $420 million December 22nd, 2022. To date, it has not been funded.

Listening to Brock and Jenn Ballard, they don't believe Shawn Schafers/Dr. Seabury's DNA/genomes theory has any merit. (Dr. Seabury using condones bred scrapie out of sheep. Sort of)

It isn't just Jenn Ballard, there is a few of these talking heads "experts" who conveniently show up. If these wildlife personnel didn't believe in Shawn Schafer/Dr. Seabury's research, then why did they ask Shawn to partner with them to drag their millions in monitoring over the finish line?

I've said it before, my apologies to sportsmen for all the new CWD rules and regulations coming.
Oh Fritz, being intellectually dishonest is just in your nature isn’t it?
1723165578308.png

Why don’t we let Shawn Schafer speak for himself on this subject.

2:59:02

Shawn also speaks at 5:01:25 and that’s probably worth listening to as well.

I respect Shawn. He doesn’t try and twist things, he’s straight forward. He agrees and is honest about the facts.

While he and I probably have a lot of philosophical differences when it comes to deer, I agree with a lot of his viewpoints when it comes to CWD regulations on the farmed fervid industry.

Long ago, they were responsible for a lot of spread of this disease. But that is not really the case anymore, and pointing fingers at them does little good. There are some bad actors in that industry, but he’s not one of them.

Last edited:

BrockW

Established Member
I read this study but I'm confused about the environment of the paddock which doest tell me if this areas soil was 100 percent infected with prions.

Was the infected soil brought in to the paddock area or was this controlled area consisting of a natural existing environment to house these deer.

The food was of high quality and if so was the food tested for prions before being given to the deer?
Was a one deer infected intentionally and allowed to infect the remaining deer or was the prions in the environment the only way the deer were able to be infected?
Was the researchers able to witness by video when one infected deer was able to infect another deer by contact?
Or were all the deer who were in this controlled environment paddock infected by prions in the soils?
This study is very vague when it comes down to the smoking gun HOW WERE THE PRIONS ABLE TO INFECT THESE DEER IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.
perhaps Brock can tell us what this peer review is lacking in context
It’s a contagious disease with documented environmental spread.

Shawn Schafer will repeat that sentiment in the video I shared above.

There are multiple facilities that are infected. They don’t even need to inoculate deer, just bring them in put them in the paddocks. They will become positive simply by living, eating, drinking, where previously infected deer were studied. This has been documented over and over and over and over again. The Sybille wildlife research center in Wy is the same way.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not gonna watch a podcast and
So you couldn't even answer ALL my questions individually, since the questions i asked are specific questions to areas that sportsmans would like answers to that deal with the issues of real world problems that are dictated by people who are supposed to have the answer. That study was utter bullshit that didn't tell sportsman anything conclusive.
You are full of shit bub, you are what I call a weekend warrior yes man who reads of a teleprompter
Any person that can claims to be procwd and a champion for the sportsman I would laugh in their face. Not gonna waste my time

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 86
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25