Poison Ivy

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
i did not know that Kirk. good to know. i thought 2-4-D killed everything.
can you still get 2 4 D??

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! However, keep in mind that in an effort to maximize profits, the companies have made several different formulations of just about every product they make. There are some 2-4-D products that are formulated or mixed with other chems to make them act like Round-up. Before using any product..........READ THE LABEL!!!! It will tell you everything you want to know about how to use that product and what to use it against.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you mix it to strong or hold the spray in one spot to long any broadleaf herbicide will also kill the grass! Try a little at first if it doesn't work spray a little stronger or more next time. Use about 4 or 5 oz per gallon of water.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Round up kills every green plant. 2-4-D kills broad leaf plants and leaves the grasses alone. I could get more technical with big science words, but that's the jist of it.

I kind of want the sciency version 😁

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you mix it to strong or hold the spray in one spot to long any broadleaf herbicide will also kill the grass! Try a little at first if it doesn't work spray a little stronger or more next time. Use about 4 or 5 oz per gallon of water.

I'd be careful with instructions like that we don't want big brother threatening Vollmer again . Differnt brands will have differnt concintrations. At some point some time on some unnamed website I read that farm supply would have products cheaper. I bought a bottle of amine 400.
the max mix was 1oz per gallon. I've used 2oz out of the $20 gallon and my yard is weed free!

Wish I could thank whoever passed on that advice!

DarkWhiskey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am starting to itch just thinking about it. I had it once as a kid and Grandma just put rubber cement on it for 2 - 3 days and it was gone. If I remember correctly she said it seals of the oxygen so it don't spread or itch. :;:huh

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be careful with instructions like that we don't want big brother threatening Vollmer again . Differnt brands will have differnt concintrations. At some point some time on some unnamed website I read that farm supply would have products cheaper. I bought a bottle of amine 400.
the max mix was 1oz per gallon. I've used 2oz out of the $20 gallon and my yard is weed free!

Wish I could thank whoever passed on that advice!
Yep, as stated in a different post READ and FOLLOW the LABLE !!! As long as you don't go over the rate per acre or cubic foot with the recommended amount of water you will be fine. Good luck figuring that out with a 2 gallon hand sprayer, unless your using a $300,000 dollar self propelled sprayer
, then all is well! :;:exactly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18