Polarized Sunglasses

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costa 580G lenses with green mirror amber base lens. Unparalleled scratch resistance is a real bonus.

this. I kick myself for not purchasing sooner. I've had them for about a year now. Maui's would be the only other shades id consider, also with an amber base lens of some sort

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pnrs3zu0xeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry....unsuccessfully trying to upload a video

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You guys have any guidance on doing the whole you tube video uploading thingy?

Just put the link into the post. It should auto-embed for you. Sometimes if it isn't the common url it won't.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
this. I kick myself for not purchasing sooner. I've had them for about a year now. Maui's would be the only other shades id consider, also with an amber base lens of some sort

If i can get the "temple squeeze" style frames to work for me, I'll be honest I like the looks of some of these.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnrs3zu0xeI

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

I've got amber base non-polarized for when I wear contacts and rose prescription. The rose allows one to see deeper into the water. I haven't tried the HT.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got amber base non-polarized for when I wear contacts and rose prescription. The rose allows one to see deeper into the water. I haven't tried the HT.
Are the 580G's the glass lenses?

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I would be torn....to go glass or not.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get glass or poly. Prescription poly Mauis are better than prescription glass Costas.

When I get old and need corrective lens, I will have to check them out.:;:muahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Are the 580G's the glass lenses?

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I would be torn....to go glass or not.

The "G" stands for glass. I have had some awesome poly lenses that eventually get small scratches over time even while being careful. Glass prevents this very well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with horsager and rest of the mauii bunch. I have the readers and from what the optical people tell me they r the best. I would like to have a blue lens pair of costas. I told my bro tostart carrying them in his store

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with horsager and rest of the mauii bunch. I have the readers and from what the optical people tell me they r the best. I would like to have a blue lens pair of costas. I told my bro tostart carrying them in his store

So Maui's are for 'boomers?;)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have owned a couple glass and several poly. I reach for poly every time solely because of weight. Glass is too heavy. I'd rather re-lens on occasion than deal with weight on my beak for 10 hours. My glass are now spares.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hair may have a lot of grey in it but i out of boomer range by one year. One day you will wake up and cant get the polymer knot done wo readers. Then u will be in denial 4 about about a couple years ..........:;:howdy

- - - Updated - - -

The next thread should be when u go on a bender for 3 days what type of sunglasses do u wear. Me foakleys:;:rockit

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costco carries "last year's" models of Maui Jims - but other than that one example I am aware of MJ and other companies have done a great job of enforcing MSRP policy on their products.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget about Wiley x. I have been wearing Oakley for years and switched this year to Wiley x. They seem like great glasses.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So it’s Costa’s and Maui Jim’s at the top of the list, for high end quality polarized eyewear?

So second tier would be : Oakley, Wiley X, Under Armour

Lower tier : anything you buy at a gas station or truck stop

…just want to make sure I am interpreting this correctly

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costa Blackfin or Fantail. Snug but not uncomfortable around the ears. Have owned 2 Blackfin (one is misplaced and one was stolen in Mexico) and just got the Fantail.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
For super cheap I have some Berkley polarized that are not bad.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80