Polarized Sunglasses

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the Maui Jim's also. I've had three pairs of prescription lenses now from them. Still have one. One is in the bottom of Oahe, one is somewhere at the Buffalo Chip, and I just bought my third. You will not believe how crisp and clear everything is until you try a pair.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
$200+ glasses on my ugly mug would rewrite the lipstick on a pig saying. Will HD make poor vision better?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Costa 580G lenses with green mirror amber base lens. Unparalleled scratch resistance is a real bonus.

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^Best of the best on the planet and lifetime warranty. I have tried many and thought they were good until the first time I put these on, absolutely blows away any other glass on the market. If you spend time on the water at all this is the winner hands down. I have a pair in Blue lens for daily driving in my vehicle but I prefer the green.;:;bowdown

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^Best of the best on the planet and lifetime warranty. I have tried many and thought they were good until the first time I put these on, absolutely blows away any other glass on the market. If you spend time on the water at all this is the winner hands down. I have a pair in Blue lens for daily driving in my vehicle but I prefer the green.;:;bowdown

Also have 580 greens. Love em

spyder250

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had lasik and got my first pair of sunglasses in 15 years. Maui Jims, don't have much for cross reference but I love em, I have an odd shaped head so most oakleys and the likes don't fit right. The MJs that I got have nylon ear thingies(frameless). They feel flimsy and light, but I think that gives them room for forgiveness cause I haven't broke them yet! 423-02-2.jpg

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing to do is go to a brick and mortar store and try on many styles and types and find the best fit and feel and vision, make sure they let you go outside with them to see how they look in actual outdoor setting before looking and buying online to make sure you are getting the right style for you before blindly buying online.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone is shopping take a look at what Smith Optics has to offer. They have some really neat polarchromic lenses that change shade with the amount of available sunlight. They also have the Chromapop lenses that make colors absolutely amazing. Some real cool technology in some of their glass. They are a little more difficult to find around here though.

Long Range Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Liked the mauis but kept losing them, went with a pair of under armor and like them a lot, I've beat the crap out of them and they hold up

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to my bro. He took my foakleys and a real pair and said the q of the lense was close that is how bad the oaks r. Bout worth what a guy pays for em $9.00

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing to do is go to a brick and mortar store and try on many styles and types and find the best fit and feel and vision, make sure they let you go outside with them to see how they look in actual outdoor setting before looking and buying online to make sure you are getting the right style for you before blindly buying online.

if you keep doing this how will the brick and mortar store stay open?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you keep doing this how will the brick and mortar store stay open?

:;:sorry
Through impulse buys like I just did this morning at Scheels, was waiting for the doors to open and picked up a box of 22 shells and an air rifle they had on sale. But I paid full price for a Yeti 30oz tumbler/rambler cup to keep my rum cold longer on the pontoon this summer. Was all good enough for a complimentary T shirt and I am sure they still made an obscene profit off me as the libs would say about other companies. ;:;boozer

Last edited:

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
As one of those damn Boomers, I wear variable bifocals. My outdoor glasses are polarized amber Rx. My optometrist wasn't any more expensive than the heavily advertised brands mentioned earlier.
As for lens color, look in Outdoor Life or Field and Stream magazines' websites and search for sunglasses. All they need to be is optically flat, the right color (green is for welders, grey is for photographers), polarized and have frames that fit your skull. They don't need to be especially expensive.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82