Portable outboard motor options

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking to pimp up my 14ft lund aircraft carrier. I am looking at either a 15 or 20 HP Honda.
Any of you have any experiences good or bad with this brand? I guess I am not married to getting a Honda but like their generators and the CRV automobile so assume the outboards are quality stuff as well.
And go...
Thanks for the input!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd have to give Suzuki 1st dibs in that size since they've got the only 4-stroke EFI motor in that range (or did the last time I looked). NOT buying EFI anymore would be like NOT buying electric start.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll put it this way 3cocks, you don't see any used hondas for sale. To me, that means they're still working. I looked for a honda for a couple months last spring.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd have to give Suzuki 1st dibs in that size since they've got the only 4-stroke EFI motor in that range (or did the last time I looked). NOT buying EFI anymore would be like NOT buying electric start.

Would be my first choice as well, it also has an alternator which will be key if you plan to run an electric motor off of the same battery. Will be a couple pounds over 100.

Can't say I have heard bad things about Honda's small outboards, however their larger ones are crazy heavy and dogs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55