Dick's Sporting Goods in Bismarck

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never gone through a store so fast. No handguns? Well if they want to be pansies and go the way of Walmart I don't want to support them. No reloading equipment at all. They will have to have one heck of a sale to get me to ever walk through their doors again. I have been in Dicks Sporting in other towns I don't know why I thought it was worth stopping at this one. I literally made a U turn at the gun counter and went back out.

but you missed out on the 7 fishing rods and 8 fishing reels, and one aisle of bass fishing gear, and the boxes of 12 gauge target shells. And the CROSSBOW!

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man alot of sour guys on here about DSG, it seems if its not free and hand delivered to some of you guys nothing seems good enough.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see guys driving new pickups that haul new boats and campers away from their new house that piss and moan about not having any money either. Priorities are different for everyone. I think spending money on getting your kids in sports is a good thing. I'd rather see kids doing that than wheezing their way to mcdonalds. I can tell you one thing for sure, if my kid chooses to play hockey, I will NOT let him/her be a goalie. They'll have to bundle up with bubble wrap and cardboard before I buy new pads every year.

Daughter is a goalie, has been for 7 years, I have bought one set of leg pads off Ebay when she was 7, club has provided the next set and she is only on her second set. But last year she had to "red shirt" (hehe I feel cool now) for knee surgeries. Oh and whine whine I am broke..

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man alot of sour guys on here about DSG, it seems if its not free and hand delivered to some of you guys nothing seems good enough.

Not sour just extremely disappointed with lack of hunting and fishing items. With the items that they do have the prices are similar to Scheels so I will be shopping at the store that has the items I want.

If you are the kind of guy that needs a new pair of spandex so you can ride your bike
on the highway holding up traffic then dicks may be what you are looking for

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep store is pretty freaking bad. Stopped there Sunday afternoon. Long ass lines all the way to bike section for those of you that have been there. Extremely weak hunting and fishing. Hardly any selection of steel shot unless I missed it. All they had was black cloud and hevi shot 23-28$ a box. No thank you for this guy who shoots 8+ cases a year. I live in NE Bismarck but will never stop at dicks again unless there is some unbelievable sale.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep store is pretty freaking bad. Stopped there Sunday afternoon. Long ass lines all the way to bike section for those of you that have been there. Extremely weak hunting and fishing. Hardly any selection of steel shot unless I missed it. All they had was black cloud and hevi shot 23-28$ a box. No thank you for this guy who shoots 8+ cases a year. I live in NE Bismarck but will never stop at dicks again unless there is some unbelievable sale.

what if you need another pair of bedazzeled jeans or mandex when you ride your Schwinn just inside of the white line and you wont move over into the 5 ft of shoulder when a line of cars is behind trying to pass?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
im actually looking a getting a good pair of moisture wicking, camo mandex for the goose blind this early season. if anyone sees these at dicks I may be willing to return to purchase those

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been to dicks yet. I've always got great service and fair prices at scheels.

Last night I bought a Scott release and didn't try it before I bought. Well I took it out of package and didn't like it. I brought it back. The package completely destroyed and no questions asked on the return.

I looked online at cabelas in the mean time and found a release that I wanted and it was on sale. I went back to archery shop in scheels and asked if they would price match. He said Yep no problem.

So instead of ordering online and paying for shipping and waiting 3 days for it to get here I had the release I wanted at a great price.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56